Judgmental neighbors

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously she doesn't sound that bad to me. I mean I were in your shoes having someone tell me to my face that I'm not raising my daughters properly wouldn't be that big a deal. She would be welcome to come over anytime and see that I actually do care about them and that they are in a loving household and really enjoy the time we spend together.

"Getting back at her" is only going to strengthen her opinion of people who make or drink beer.

Love thy neighbor, dude. It's wrote down somewhere.

She could use some wall to wall counseling.:D

Have you met my evil twin brother Homercidal? He's my exact opposite in every way ;-). Let me guess, you still have all your hair, enjoy watching TV news, and your wife is brunette (SWMBO is blonde, so brunette I guess is opposite).

Have you met my evil twin brother Homercidal? He's my exact opposite in every way ;-). Let me guess, you still have all your hair, enjoy watching TV news, and your wife is brunette (SWMBO is blonde, so brunette I guess is opposite).

I'm bald. Inherited that trait from my grandfather on my mom's side. Better trait than cancer. :( I do enjoy watching TV news. That and NPR. Yeah, wife is brunette. She Who Must Be Obeyed: good one, very good one. :):mug:

Actually I meant Homer is my opposite but seems you come pretty close too! LOL! I was busting Homer's chops for saying the opposite of what I would say, again.

There you go again. You know YOU are the EVIL twin! :cross:

Oh... yeah... I forgot. But really think about it:

1) I brew Mead, you brew Beer
2) I live in the city, you live in the country
3) Your town has the word "city" in it... just to screw with me
4) Im a grumpy jerk, you arent
5) you have kids, I dont
6) you advocate the promotion of tranquility between neighbors, and I want to put a potato in mtg's neighbor's tailpipe. Yup, that tailpipe.

Thats just off the top of my head. I bet you even have a van dyke and laugh maniacally!
There you go again. You know YOU are the EVIL twin! :cross:

Dude, you're creeping me out!

Not currently rocking a Van Dyke (actually had to look that up. Maybe I need to spend more time at the hair salon...) but it does show up sometimes, depending on the missus's mood at that time. ;)

If her kids live on the other side of the country then she hasn't and likely won't figure out what a Bword she is, you should act like your a little hard of hearing and thank her for the kind words next time, maybe she'll give up on getting thru to you and leave you be. In the mean time brew beer! Enjoy God's creation.
I hate how religious people use the end to justify their guilt driven, rude or controlling means, most of the bible thumpers in this world don't know 2 things about where the bible came from, who wrote it or decided what to take out of it or insert in it. But that's whole different subject.

BenjiBat said:
If her kids live on the other side of the country then she hasn't and likely won't figure out what a Bword she is.

Agreed.

I'm almost done with my mobile brew rig. I can't wait to finish it then brew with it. I would have been done today but the storm stopped me. I didn't want to catch a lightning bolt in the back of the head.

I'll post the finished product tomorrow.

What business is it of hers what you do on YOUR property. A lady at my wife's church (I am catholic she is baptist) told me of her disapproval of my beer drinking at a get together. I just looked her straight in the eye and asked should I switch to Bourbon to make you happy or should you stay the hell out of my life. She walked away totally stunned to have been challenged

What business is it of hers what you do on YOUR property. A lady at my wife's church (I am catholic she is baptist) told me of her disapproval of my beer drinking at a get together. I just looked her straight in the eye and asked should I switch to Bourbon to make you happy or should you stay the hell out of my life. She walked away totally stunned to have been challenged

I might have gotten this from here, but why do you never bring just one baptist fishing?

If he's alone he'll drink all your beer.

image-1321396414.jpg

Some wheels, one more shelf, some utensil hooks and I'll be ready to walk around the block and brew at the same time.

image-2299488480.jpg

I'm so happy. Can't wait for sat. I'm off to the local home brew store to buy some grain for an APA.

She is retired on the west coast. Her kids have their careers on the east coast. I'm sure there is a reason her kids moved so far away.

Ha! Your retort to her comment should have been "Well, maybe if my daughter's memories are good enough, she won't feel the need to move across the country to get away from me when she gets older."

It probably would have taken her a couple of beats to get your implications, and then she would have started sputtering and stormed off in a huff.:p

OP, you aren't alone. I share a property corner with a crazy B*****. She has called and filed a complaint with our county environment resources office for me burning trash. I emailed and called the office and explained that my "burn barrel" is actually a UDS. They were cool. No problems. Firefighter neighbor told me the other afternoon that she had made a 911 call for me burning trash, in the middle of the day when I was at work. They found someone burning a stump several block over....

Ha! Your retort to her comment should have been "Well, maybe if my daughter's memories are good enough, she won't feel the need to move across the country to get away from me when she gets older."

It probably would have taken her a couple of beats to get your implications, and then she would have started sputtering and stormed off in a huff.:p

Yeah, I worry about her, but she's not my problem. The best thing I could do for myself is get as far away from her as possible (just like her kids).

She actually did me a favor. She got me motivated to build this mobile brewrig.:rockin:

Homercidal said:
She sounds like a lonely old woman. Maybe you should take some soup or some cake over and sit for a spell and visit with her.

Nope. I've dealt with her in person enough. Harsh. Abrasive. Loud. I'm almost positive she is on military disability. I wonder if it's mentally related. No joke.

Any chance you can give your number to the FD and request that they call you whenever she tries to report a fire on your property? I obviously don't know how 911 dispatches fires around your area, but I know even here in NYC, notes can be attached to addresses that come up frequently. The "note" will automatically come up if there is a call to the address. They can be phone numbers to call, prior incidents, other information for PD, FD, EMS, etc.

Airborneguy said:
Any chance you can give your number to the FD and request that they call you whenever she tries to report a fire on your property? I obviously don't know how 911 dispatches fires around your area, but I know even here in NYC, notes can be attached to addresses that come up frequently. The "note" will automatically come up if there is a call to the address. They can be phone numbers to call, prior incidents, other information for PD, FD, EMS, etc.

Not sure. I will check it out. 2 of my neighbors are on at my local volunteer fire department. They are also both on the HOA board. This will soon get interesting. They had to investigate last night with their chief to assure her that nothing had been burnt. I think they told her to knock it off. We will see.

My evil twin striketh again. I was going to suggest making her INTO soup or a cake. Kind of like soylent green.

I suppose you can take the humane, ethical, and legal route too though... :tank:
She sounds like a lonely old woman. Maybe you should take some soup or some cake over and sit for a spell and visit with her.

My neighbors are fine, but some of my in-laws...

Now, they won't say jack to ME, but they go off on my wife about how me brewing "is bad for our sons".

They won't say it to me, because after I get through quoting scripture at them about wine (over 200 mentions in the Bible), I will tear them a new one, point out their MANY failings, and teach them a very long string new curse word combinations.

:mug:

(over 200 mentions in the Bible)

I would like to know some of these mentions? Just in case.

My good neighbors just moved. Their home was forclosed. :(

And, the judgemental neighbor knew all about it and then some. Nosey ol' bag. :mad:

My neighbors to the north are very judgmental also. Luckily they are both homebrewers so we critique each others beers while we sit in either their or our backyard-usually ours since I have JBL speakers on the back wall of the house and Sirius ClassicVinyl playing loudly.

My neighbors to the north are very judgmental also. Luckily they are both homebrewers so we critique each others beers while we sit in either their or our backyard-usually ours since I have JBL speakers on the back wall of the house and Sirius ClassicVinyl playing loudly.

Lucky.:)

Too funny, I've found myself brewing in the garage with the door lowered (not shut, that would be catastrophic!!) so as to keep a low profile. It's funny, my neighborhood is filled with walkers and when they would pass they would look at me like I was cooking up meth. My neighbors next door (good friends but now somewhat prudish since they had a child) are my biggest concern. I decided to enjoy the great weather a couple weekends ago and brew on the back patio in full view of them (no privacy fence). I was enjoy the karma and joy that brewing brings when lo and behold the neighbors wife decides to venture over to bring my wife something. I met her halfway across the backyard and after a couple of minutes of chatting she condescendingly says "well, I'll let you get back to your beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer". What is funny is that I used to not drink when they moved in the neighborhood but found that I liked the taste of beer a few years back. They on the other hand were avid drinkers but decided to tee tottle after having a child and going to church. I go to church but understand Jesus turned the water to wine, not grape juice or what ever else you want to call it.

Too funny, I've found myself brewing in the garage with the door lowered (not shut, that would be catastrophic!!) so as to keep a low profile. It's funny, my neighborhood is filled with walkers and when they would pass they would look at me like I was cooking up meth. My neighbors next door (good friends but now somewhat prudish since they had a child) are my biggest concern. I decided to enjoy the great weather a couple weekends ago and brew on the back patio in full view of them (no privacy fence). I was enjoy the karma and joy that brewing brings when lo and behold the neighbors wife decides to venture over to bring my wife something. I met her halfway across the backyard and after a couple of minutes of chatting she condescendingly says "well, I'll let you get back to your beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer". What is funny is that I used to not drink when they moved in the neighborhood but found that I liked the taste of beer a few years back. They on the other hand were avid drinkers but decided to tee tottle after having a child and going to church. I go to church but understand Jesus turned the water to wine, not grape juice or what ever else you want to call it.

Ah. She's just bitter because she sees you enjoying beer like she used to.

Brew out front for all the world to see and do it close to them. While listening to 80's rock..

Oh you can do better than that... Put on Gorgoroth at ear peircing volume and paint your face up like Gaahl while you're brewing. Make sure she knows it's Gororoth somehow too so she'll be able to google it when she goes back inside. There are some interviews with Gaahl on youtube that will make her head explode if/when she finds them.

If she asks anything or tells you to turn the music down start muttering about decorating your fence with sheep heads and goat skulls in order to represent the flock mentality perpetuated by christianity and how she is doomed to burn in the 3rd circle of hell where you have already been promised a position of authority by the dark lord himself due to your exceedingly evil deeds on this earth. That should give her something to think about while she lies awake at night from that day forward. Oh and some skull paint on your daughter would probably go a long way too.

After that you can start having a beer tasting every Friday night with a few friends where you all sit in a circle in black hooded robes around a fire or some candles in the back yard. Try to have some scraps of chicken or beef bones in plain view and drink from fancy chalices so she'll think you're actually drinking blood.

She'll have a for sale sign in the yard in very short order i'll predict.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh you can do better than that... Put on Gorgoroth at ear peircing volume and paint your face up like Gaahl while you're brewing. Make sure she knows it's Gororoth somehow too so she'll be able to google it when she goes back inside. There are some interviews with Gaahl on youtube that will make her head explode if/when she finds them.

If she asks anything or tells you to turn the music down start muttering about decorating your fence with sheep heads and goat skulls in order to represent the flock mentality perpetuated by christianity and how she is doomed to burn in the 3rd circle of hell where you have already been promised a position of authority by the dark lord himself due to your exceedingly evil deeds on this earth. That should give her something to think about while she lies awake at night from that day forward. Oh and some skull paint on your daughter would probably go a long way too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lty4o-LktNA&feature=related

After that you can start having a beer tasting every Friday night with a few friends where you all sit in a circle in black hooded robes around a fire or some candles in the back yard. Try to have some scraps of chicken or beef bones in plain view and drink from fancy chalices so she'll think you're actually drinking blood.

She'll have a for sale sign in the yard in very short order i'll predict.

:off: well, I had to go ahead and Google "Gorgoroth". Did you know one of their former drummers was named Goat Pervertor?

:off: well, I had to go ahead and Google "Gorgoroth". Did you know one of their former drummers was named Goat Pervertor?

No, but I am not surprised by that in the least. All those guys are pretty far out there to begin with and Gaahl may as well be from another planet... the man is simply not right in the head.

Back