Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Judgmental neighbors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2012, 08:13 AM   #1
mtg4772
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 7

Default Judgmental neighbors

I had an ok 3 tier, gravity fed system going. Only problem is its along the fence line of my bible thumping neighbor. Last time I brewed she peaked her eye through the crack of the fence, asked what I was doing and after I answered her she said "what great memories your daughter will have." what a condescending bitch! I wanted to choke her with my bare hands. So I'm planning on welding a 3 tier system on wheels so I can get as far away from that as possible.

image-3056644543.jpg

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2012, 09:18 AM   #2
snccoulter
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 51 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Brew out front for all the world to see and do it close to them. While listening to 80's rock..

“Fairy tales don't tell children that dragons exist; children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.”
― G.K. Chesterton
http://whatalesyou.webs.com/
People Like This 
Old 03-25-2012, 10:22 AM   #3
dfc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 197 Times on 166 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtg4772 View Post
I had an ok 3 tier, gravity fed system going. Only problem is its along the fence line of my bible thumping neighbor. Last time I brewed she peaked her eye through the crack of the fence, asked what I was doing and after I answered her she said "what great memories your daughter will have." what a condescending bitch! I wanted to choke her with my bare hands. So I'm planning on welding a 3 tier system on wheels so I can get as far away from that as possible.

Attachment 54049
Just tell her Jesus turned water into wine. I hate judgmental Christians. They give the rest of us a bad name.

Kegged: Beer
Bottled: Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer.
Primary: Beer
Secondary: Beer

How to brew extract (with pictures!)

How to brew extract (Video)

Simple bottling process

People Like This 
Old 03-25-2012, 10:53 AM   #4
amc22
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Wear a devil costume and listen to death metal next time you brew.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:07 AM   #5
Diaperload
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by snccoulter View Post
Brew out front for all the world to see and do it close to them. While listening to 80's rock..
80's rock? OK, to be more specific about 80's rock...try Motley Crue...Shout at the Devil.

Or death metal.

Did you tell your neighbor she was condescending? I certainly would have.

"I'm not saying let's go kill all the stupid people...I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out."

mtg4772 Likes This 
Old 03-25-2012, 12:02 PM   #6
Zen_Brew
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 3

That's a shame, but there is no shortage of people like that in the world. I'd probably move a bit more away from the fence and just ignore them. No sense inflaming the relationship with the neighbors. No good would come of it.

The sad thing is they will likely repress their daughter, supress her individuality and creativity, fill her world with rules, and restrictions, and guilt. Then one day they'll wonder what she's doin on the stripper pole with a crack pipe in her mouth.

Using the mind to look for reality is delusion. Using your senses to look for reality is awareness.

"One time I was so desperate for a beer I snuck into the football stadium and ate the dirt under the bleachers." Homer Simpson

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Hoppiness
mtg4772 Likes This 
Old 03-25-2012, 01:23 PM   #7
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2767 Times on 1657 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

I was just brewing with a buddy last night. His wife, and my girlfriend and another friend were having ladie's night and I knew he was going to be home with the kids, a boy and a girl, I think they're 5 and 3? Something like that.

Anyway I had taught him to do ag for Christmas. And figured last night, since our ladies were out, and he was stuck with the kids, it'd be great to hang out, try his first batch of beer, and brew.

The kids hung out most of the afternoon with us, alternating between riding bikes, and coming over to help "Daddy and Mr Mike" stir the wort (even if it didn't need to be stirred.)

And we ordered pizza and watched a kids movie with them while we were waiting for hop additions or the mash to be finished.

His Daughter, the older one, even drew me a picture.

His daughter evidently helps him bottle, drawing little pictures on the bottle caps for whatever beer he's brewing. (2 hearts for a two hearted ale clone, a shamrock for a Guinness Clone. )

I betcha dollars to doughnuts that his kids, WILL have fond memories of days like that where Daddy and his brewing friends hung out with them and they helped.

Probably much more than your neighbors kids will....

Ignore it.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

People Like This 
Old 03-25-2012, 01:26 PM   #8
ahaley
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 15 Posts

A few things,
1. I like your set up, it looks pretty sick.
2. Who cares what she says, making beer is legal, enjoyable and for me at least it always feels like a science experiment. Lol.
3. You could always ignore her until she gets the hint.
4. You could have fun with her, get as close to the fence as possible and listen to the guys above me, play some screamo/death metal, maybe make a circle with candles, wear black with red trimmed robes and have lots of spooky looking books with you haha.

But ya that's lame, I love when people make judgments on others... Good luck with your mobile 3 tier set up.

South Paw all day, every day.

mtg4772 Likes This 
Old 03-25-2012, 01:30 PM   #9
ahaley
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy

I betcha dollars to doughnuts that his kids, WILL have fond memories of days like that where Daddy and his brewing friends hung out with them and they helped.

Probably much more than your neighbors kids will....

Ignore it.
I have good memories of when my dad said I could help him rekey someone house, or make a new dead bolt for the key he made ( he used to be a locksmith btw. ) or when he was working on the boat, truck, something else I felt like I was helping when he said " Alex make yourself useful and get me a socket wrench, a 6mm socket and a beer. "

South Paw all day, every day.

People Like This 
Old 03-25-2012, 01:33 PM   #10
Gamrchick
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

How about the "BEER IS GOOD" song from Psychostick....

I'm with snccoulter and revvy. You are who you are. Don't rearrange your life for someone who is going to judge you regardless.

Quick Reply