The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Job Satisfaction-with Survey

View Poll Results: Rate your job satisfaction
Love It 59 46.46%
Hate It 13 10.24%
Not my ideal job, but it's OK 34 26.77%
It pays the bills 14 11.02%
Other 7 5.51%
I'd like to work with Ralph Nader 0 0%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2008, 02:48 AM   #81
Zul'jin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 8 Posts

"Not ideal, but OK"

I really, really like my career, as that's what I've decided to make it. My dream job was forest ranger or game warden, but I didn't want to go to school. Oh but I should have cause it looks like I'm going to anyway. I take lots of classes now as it is.

I'm a wastewater plant operator. As we say, "It's a crappy job". Y'all just keep drinking beer. The end result keeps me employed.

Drunking: All kinds of stuff.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2008, 08:13 PM   #82
Corey_James
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

After 18+ years in the Navy, doing the same thing that McKbrew does and not seeming to really know what I want to do when I really grow up and have to get a REAL job. It has been fun and exciting but the kids are getting older and would really like to spend more time with them and the brew (can't really take the brew underway with me; Uncle Sam doesn't allow it )! Just buying a new house and really have no clue what I am even qualified for to do on the outside.

Primary - MT
Secondary - Red India Pale Lager
Conditioning - None.
Bottled - More than my sig will allow me to post.

Old 01-04-2008, 09:17 PM   #83
Germey

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey_James
"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." - Ben Franklin

Hey Corey, I really gotta question the authenticity of your signature. Although Van Leuvenhoek had already observed tiny things under a microscope lens, the word bacteria, to describe a specific class of the little things, would not be used for some time after Ben had checked out.
Remember guys, the Rheinheitsgebot originally made no mention of yeast, because no one knew that they were there for another couple hundred years!
A google search attributes that quote to someone named David Auerbach, but I won't completely rule out the possibility that Franklin was a time traveling member of the Knights Templar.

Quick Reply