Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > It's official, I'm having heart surgery on Feb 18th...wow, it's real now.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2011, 01:28 PM   #521
manhattanksbrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

oh yes I love sleeping on horrible hosp beds eating horrible hosp food and being woke up every 4 hours for vitals or blood work

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2011, 02:50 PM   #522
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2728 Times on 1636 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Quote:
Originally Posted by manhattanksbrewer View Post
oh yes I love sleeping on horrible hosp beds eating horrible hosp food and being woke up every 4 hours for vitals or blood work
Yeah it's a great hobby we've taken up, eh?
Glad you're doing better.

My pain and discomfort's back. Just when you think you get ahead of it.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 04-09-2011, 04:45 PM   #523
jafo28
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 88

Revvy are you sure your pain and discomfort isn't due to the hockey you've been watching?

Old 04-09-2011, 05:30 PM   #524
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jafo28 View Post
Revvy are you sure your pain and discomfort isn't due to the hockey you've been watching?
Yeah that was part of it.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 04-09-2011, 05:53 PM   #525
manhattanksbrewer
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

I just keep getting cramps from not being able to stretch

Old 04-09-2011, 07:40 PM   #526
Revvy

Recipes 

Dammit I want a beer!!!! But I still feel I should wait til I'm not on pain meds or ambien, and have had some rehab. I'm somewhat afraid I'm still gonna hear I have cardio myopopthy, though I don't think so.

It's funny I've been ok with answering questions and hanging out here and not lamenting my temporary teatotalling (except when some whiner complains because he's given up beer for lent.)

And I've been pretty content with my NA clausthaller amber. But maybe because it's baseball season...I'm going to a game tomorrow, AND I've at least 3 threads about wits today and a couple about IPAs I really want some....

Old 04-10-2011, 11:33 PM   #527
manhattanksbrewer
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
Dammit I want a beer!!!! But I still feel I should wait til I'm not on pain meds or ambien, 3 threads about wits today and a couple about IPAs I really want some....
I understand completely i really want a beer but worried how it will affect me it really sucks balls

Old 04-10-2011, 11:37 PM   #528
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by manhattanksbrewer View Post
I understand completely i really want a beer but worried how it will affect me it really sucks balls
Yeah. I figure I'm going to wait til AHA's "big brew" day on May 7th. That's a couple days before I'm supposed to return to work. I assume I'll be off the pain meds by then. I'm using them less and less, like I only needed one pill today.

Old 04-11-2011, 10:43 AM   #529
manhattanksbrewer
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Default stupid dog

I will be brewing up a couple batches of beer as soon as the 1 pound of caramel 10 L get here that my dog ate LOL

Old 04-11-2011, 03:45 PM   #530
Revvy

Recipes 

Just had my first cardiac rehab session. It was a bit of a workout, but it was fun. Of course they did warn me that I could possibly have a heart attack today because of said workout, and if I have any shortness of breath/chest pains to go to the ER. LOL, for some reason I find that ammusing... If you can't laugh at your predicament, what can you do?

Quick Reply