Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > It's official, I'm having heart surgery on Feb 18th...wow, it's real now.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2011, 05:16 PM   #511
jds
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromZwolle View Post
again, the mental image.

Just kidding. Props to the Rev. Looks like the little pastor's conducting services again.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2011, 12:54 AM   #512
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2747 Times on 1648 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Well I got a call late this afternoon...like 4:55 pm, from cardiac rehab, telling me that I've been approved to start. But OF COURSE, the trainer person who I will be working with, will NOT BE THERE this Friday, so I won't start til Monday. So that's 5 sessions I could have been having.....grr....

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 04-07-2011, 01:56 AM   #513
powerfreak
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
Thanks whoever gave me the-

For today's "news!!!"

You are welcome!

Old 04-07-2011, 03:37 AM   #514
aygov
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 106 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 285

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
Well I got a call late this afternoon...like 4:55 pm, from cardiac rehab, telling me that I've been approved to start. But OF COURSE, the trainer person who I will be working with, will NOT BE THERE this Friday, so I won't start til Monday. So that's 5 sessions I could have been having.....grr....
I think it's a credit to you as a person that you're bothered about missing rehab sessions. Most people are lazy and look for excuses to miss them...
Old 04-07-2011, 05:11 AM   #515
B-Hoppy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 133 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 238

Hey Man,

I never knew you were going through this but I'm really glad to see you're at the stage of being pissed off at not being able to get back into the swing! Congrats! Sorry, but I usually just hang out in the hop section, not being a computer person. I had the opportunity to have a couple catheters stuck up into my heart a year or so ago to try to fix an arrhythmia. Didn't work. But, I made sure to keep the tubing from the oxygen lines. Really nice flexible stuff to take hydrometer samples out of the carboy with! $25,000 hydrometer thief out of the whole deal. Hey, I'm glad you're doing alright and keep up the good work!

Old 04-07-2011, 03:43 PM   #516
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Liked 2747 Times on 1648 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

That which I feared the most happened last night. I sneezed, and it was just as bad as I worried it would be. I ache more than I have since the first week of surgery. Right across the rib cage, and even my back. And it wasn't even one of my usual earth shattering sneezes.

I guess I sprained or strained my ribcage. It hurts when I take a deep breath. The only real relief is to squeeze tight my heart pillow, and put pressure on my ribs.

It's this dull ache across my chest with sharpness when I take a deep breath or streatch.

It's such a silly thing. But I've always been a hefty sneezer, I've thrown my back out before. So I'm not surprised.

Hopefully this will only last a day.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 04-07-2011, 10:39 PM   #517
drummerguysteve
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Glad to hear you're doing better, aside from the sneezing/rib pain. I'm not on everyday, so I think I missed a lot of these happenings with you. Sounds like it could have been really bad.

I've learned a lot from you over the years just by reading your posts/responses to everyone else on here. So thanks for that.

Here's to getting rid of your rib/back pain quickly!

Old 04-09-2011, 03:34 AM   #518
manhattanksbrewer
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Well as you probably noticed i disappeared for a few days my cumiden lvl got to low, so they made me hurry back to hospital for a few days till it got better they were worried i was going to throw some clots LOL

Old 04-09-2011, 03:41 AM   #519
FromZwolle
Recipes 

Liked 50 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 2

wishing you the best,
praying for a healthy hearts.
to both you old farts!

Old 04-09-2011, 04:18 AM   #520
Shooter
Almaigan Brewing Co.

Recipes 

Liked 231 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by manhattanksbrewer View Post
Well as you probably noticed i disappeared for a few days my cumiden lvl got to low, so they made me hurry back to hospital for a few days till it got better they were worried i was going to throw some clots LOL
Sounds like a good time!

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis, English essayist & juvenile novelist (1898 - 1963)

Quick Reply