Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > It's official, I'm having heart surgery on Feb 18th...wow, it's real now.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2011, 10:12 PM   #501
FromZwolle
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 50 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Well, that's a good sign! although i could have gone without the the mental image.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2011, 10:17 PM   #502
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2711 Times on 1629 Posts
Likes Given: 3484

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromZwolle View Post
Well, that's a good sign! although i could have gone without the the mental image.
Sorry.....I just had to share...It's just been awhile since THAT was fun for me to do....It usually would end in a coughing fit. So I'm just happy that I managed it.

And so is she....

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

People Like This 
Old 04-05-2011, 10:20 PM   #503
FromZwolle
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
Sorry.....I just had to share...It's just been a while. THAT was fun for me to do....It, as usual would end in a coughing fit. So I'm just happy that I managed it.

And so is she....
again, the mental image.

Old 04-05-2011, 10:34 PM   #504
Shooter
Almaigan Brewing Co.

Recipes 

Liked 231 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
Guy's I just passed a different kind of test....one that involved my GF.
You enjoyed a Gluten Free beer?!?!?

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis, English essayist & juvenile novelist (1898 - 1963)

Revvy Likes This 
Old 04-06-2011, 01:11 AM   #505
Revvy

Recipes 

Thanks whoever gave me the-

For today's "news!!!"

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 04-06-2011, 02:26 AM   #506
AZ_IPA
PKU

Recipes 

Liked 6037 Times on 5280 Posts
Likes Given: 689

Are you sure it was a thumb?????

Old 04-06-2011, 11:32 AM   #507
glenn514
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 133 Times on 97 Posts
Likes Given: 35

But each of those, too, is another milestone, yes? Good going, Revvy! Keep looking for more mountains to climb...er, whatever!

glenn514
Old 04-06-2011, 04:05 PM   #508
Revvy

Recipes 

The "saga" of going to cardiac rehab continues....Am I going to end up going back to work before someone get's their crap together & gets the authorization in the hands of the right person? I started this a week ago (or was it 2?) And that's three sessions a week I'm missing out on.

I called the rehab place on Wednesday, they said they needed the referal from the primary care physician's office even though the one prescribing it is my cardilogist. So they told me they'd call the PCP's office and start the ball rolling.

The person in charge of this referrel @ the PCP's office didn't KNOW she was supposed to be doing it, she thought my cardilogist's office was supposed to, so she blew it off last week wasting 3 days til I called her on Monday. She then told me the above.

I then called my cardilogist office who then called her and explained that this does come from the PCP. She THEN went upstairs and taught the woman how to do it, and helped prepare it. When she called upstairs later to check on it, she was told it was about to be faxed over. Yesterday I was picking up a script so I stopped over at the window for the cardilogist's office, and the woman there told me this.

So I called rehab yesterday and left a message...I followed up @ 11am since I thought for sure I'd get a call first thing this morning since they open at 7, and was told that they haven't received it, but had started THEIR internal paper work yesterday. She said she'd call my PCP's office.

So now, what, will I get to start on FRIDAY? I've only got 5 weeks time left before I have to go back to work...And I can decide if I want to go back in another 3 and call the surgeon.....I really want to get some surpervised exercise and conditioning time in before that.

Jeez I'm glad I'm on blood pressure meds right now.

Old 04-06-2011, 04:13 PM   #509
FromZwolle
Recipes 

this isn't the normal bureaucratic paperwork trail for all things medicine?

Old 04-06-2011, 04:20 PM   #510
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromZwolle View Post
this isn't the normal bureaucratic paperwork trail for all things medicine?
It's really the first time this has happened during this entire process...no wait the second...no....the third... Grr.

Actually overall most stuff had been handled pretty well. The cardiologist's office is really on the ball...it's just everywhere else that doesn't know their head from a hole in the ground...

Quick Reply