The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Iphone app ideas

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2012, 05:11 PM   #1
GarrettVD
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 4

Default Iphone app ideas

Greetings fellow homebrewers!

Alongside my home brewing endeavors, I am also an iPhone application developer. I am looking to combine my two passions and make a beer related application. If you have any ideas that you would like to see come to life, feel free to post!

Here's some ideas I came up with...
- beer round tracker
- app that tells you what's on tap at local bars

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2012, 07:21 PM   #2
erikpete18
Recipes 

Liked 32 Times on 30 Posts

Trouble is I've got an android so I'm not sure what's already available for the iphone, but I do like the idea of the local tap lists. There are a few places that I like to frequent that have rotating tap lists, and if there was some way to condense those into a single app it would certainly be interesting. I know right now they'll usually post newly tapped beers to their facebook pages, but it seems like it wouldn't work great to have you sitting there updating the app each time a facebook post goes up. But if there were a way to convince the bars that the exposure they'd get from the app would be worth it, you may be able to get them to update their lists on their own so they were already up to date. That way a user could search for a particular bar, a particular beer, or just browse what's in their area to figure out a place to go.

Old 03-04-2012, 08:36 PM   #3
GarrettVD
Recipes 

Hi Erik; thanks for the post. I was thinking of a business model similar to that of gas buddy; which is essentially an application that tells you where the cheapest gas is locally. The content is created by the users, who are incentivized by being rewarded points, which they can subsequently use to enter draws for various types of prizes. If I were to do something like that what's on tap application, I would employ a similar model, where frequent bar goers can participate and upload get different varieties of beers that their local bar has. Or, like you say, how's the bar owners themselves update their Beer selection themselves.

Old 03-04-2012, 10:05 PM   #4
SPLASTiK
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I've seen beer round tracker sort of things on Android, not sure about iPhone.

TapHunter is an app for "What's on Tap?" tracking, but the number of locations so far is limited.

Old 03-04-2012, 10:10 PM   #5
GarrettVD
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLASTiK View Post
I've seen beer round tracker sort of things on Android, not sure about iPhone.

TapHunter is an app for "What's on Tap?" tracking, but the number of locations so far is limited.
I'll check out TapHunter! Thanks. I got some feedback on the round tracker app, and apparently it will make the user look kind of cheap. Which I agree, haha.

Old 03-06-2012, 12:22 AM   #6
Nukinfuts
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

How about an app that will allow home-brewers to find other home brewers in their area. Other than here, of course.. I may have other brewers in my neighborhood that i dont know about because the are not registered here. Something like the Guinness pint finder.

Old 03-06-2012, 01:30 PM   #7
Martin30R
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukinfuts View Post
How about an app that will allow home-brewers to find other home brewers in their area. Other than here, of course.. I may have other brewers in my neighborhood that i dont know about because the are not registered here. Something like the Guinness pint finder.
It could be fun if it told you when they were planning their next brew session as well, and then you could crash it ...

Old 03-07-2012, 09:26 PM   #8
gratus fermentatio
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 683 Times on 485 Posts
Likes Given: 1677

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarrettVD View Post
Greetings fellow homebrewers!

Alongside my home brewing endeavors, I am also an iPhone application developer. I am looking to combine my two passions and make a beer related application. If you have any ideas that you would like to see come to life, feel free to post!

Here's some ideas I came up with...
- beer round tracker
- app that tells you what's on tap at local bars
Not beer related but I want an app that will bactrack spam to it's source and launch a virus that completely disables the spammer's system; but ONLY targets the spammer's system, then self destructs. I want the same app for mallware.
Regards, GF.

Old 03-10-2012, 05:53 PM   #9
GarrettVD
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gratus fermentatio View Post
Not beer related but I want an app that will bactrack spam to it's source and launch a virus that completely disables the spammer's system; but ONLY targets the spammer's system, then self destructs. I want the same app for mallware.
Regards, GF.
I would love that, as well!

Old 03-10-2012, 10:29 PM   #10
Grumpybumpy
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

You could help out the hbt developers to make your subscriptions to update as soon as you hit the subscriptions button. Pet peeve of mine....

Quick Reply