Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > iPad

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2010, 07:32 PM   #61
Edcculus
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 40 Times on 37 Posts

Cmon man, if you don't have anything constructive to say stop posting all this BS.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2010, 07:48 PM   #62
StunnedMonkey
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdboy View Post
My problem is, I don't see where I would use this. I have an iPhone, so if I'm out somewhere, I can use that to check email, make calls, etc. If I'm at home, I have a laptop sitting in the living room already. So if I need to surf the web, I can already do that on my laptop. Furthermore, my laptop has Flash on it, so I can actually watch Hulu, Netflix, etc. which the iPad won't do. The only possible niche I can see is as an eBook reader, and right now I use Stanza on my iPhone for that, and love it.

It's not like it will replace anything I can do for work, so I'm having trouble seeing how this can possibly fit into my life.
Yeah, that's pretty much how I see it. What would I do with a giant iPod? It's not like I'm going to carry that thing around, at least not for the limited additional functionality that it provides compared to my iPhone that fits in my pocket. It almost seems as if the iPad and iPhone/iPod Touch were released in the wrong order. The iPad should have come first, then the compact versions later. Things are supposed to get smaller and more portable, not larger and more cumbersome.

I'm sure it'll sell well though. To quote a line from the "MacBook Wheel" video, "(People) will buy anything as long as it's shiny and made by Apple."
Tap 4:Old Ale
Tap 5:IPA

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply