Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Internet life and tough guys -

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2012, 07:58 PM   #1
TomHanx
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Default Internet life and tough guys -

Not sure if anyone else here is apart of any other forums or variations of a forum (any sort of community of only online interaction), but just ranting about the number of dbags I've come across lately.

I'm on a workout forum that I really used to enjoy, joined years ago. First forum I ever joined actually and only other besides this. There is a lot more than usual amount of just vile trash talking, people disagree with what you say and tell you to eff off and hang yourself and etc. Had people telling me off this morning on Deadspin as well.

I know I'm the common denominator in both situations but I don't think I'm that annoying. I don't bash other people online or respond in kind to other peoples bashing of me. Do I really need to eff off or are people just a little too wrapped up in there "online identity's"?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2012, 08:07 PM   #2
two_hearted
Hold on to your butts
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 191 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Its easy to be a tough guy behind a computer screen.

If you've ever played a multiplayer game on xbox live or ps3 or a computer, you've undoubtedly heard all of the trash talking, racism, and super tough guy talk when anyone criticizes. Those types of people are also the ones who will talk the most and post the most in forums. The silent majority are probably not jerks but just choose not to say anything because they don't want some douchey-mcgee dude to jump all over them.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:36 PM   #3
jayd25
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomHanx View Post
Not sure if anyone else here is apart of any other forums or variations of a forum (any sort of community of only online interaction), but just ranting about the number of dbags I've come across lately.

I'm on a workout forum that I really used to enjoy, joined years ago. First forum I ever joined actually and only other besides this. There is a lot more than usual amount of just vile trash talking, people disagree with what you say and tell you to eff off and hang yourself and etc. Had people telling me off this morning on Deadspin as well.

I know I'm the common denominator in both situations but I don't think I'm that annoying. I don't bash other people online or respond in kind to other peoples bashing of me. Do I really need to eff off or are people just a little too wrapped up in there "online identity's"?
I hear ya. I'm on some bodybuilding forums also. Most of the people spitting out garbage probably dont lift or haven't lifted in forever. Just like some guys say they compete but will never show a pic for "security" reasons they say. Alot of them that online identity is who they think they are and the only time they can feel like a bad arse

Last edited by jayd25; 02-09-2012 at 09:41 PM.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:47 PM   #4
brewingmeister
Recipes 

Liked 160 Times on 118 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Maybe they are actually all one person...ever see catfish? one lady was responsible for like 15 different online 'people'.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:53 PM   #5
DarthMalt
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewingmeister View Post
Maybe they are actually all one person...ever see catfish? one lady was responsible for like 15 different online 'people'.
Haha, this is interesting because I seem to know a few trolls who constantly pop up on other forums. For a while I was beginning to think it was the same person; just dead set on annoying the hell out everyone. I mean, don't you find it hard to believe that so many people are that obnoxious? Oh wait... ...nevermind...

Old 02-09-2012, 09:58 PM   #6
cheezydemon3
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1588 Times on 1200 Posts
Likes Given: 2881

Road rage has found another outlet, even more protected, so even worse.

"Thanks but when should I put employees in? This is my first time trying to add a flavor like this to a beer so I'm kinda clueless...."

-EMPLOYEE FLAVORED BEER........

(my new hero....) pbohanna

Old 02-10-2012, 12:02 AM   #7
Laughing_Gnome_Invisible
Recipes 

Liked 509 Times on 392 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Get a life you half wit! Don't you have anything better to do than whine like a baby over every little thing? It's people like you that caused the downfall of the Roman empire! If it were up to me, you'd be strung up by the naughty bits so that people can kick you in the noggin and...........Oh, I don't know why they do it. They probably just need a life, or get laid or something?

Maybe they should just try home brewing.

Steven Hawking ~ As we say in science, the England football team couldn’t hit a cow’s arse with a banjo

Old 02-10-2012, 12:23 AM   #8
passedpawn
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 3082 Times on 1937 Posts
Likes Given: 2617

Every troll is an exercise to help you to grow.

You get points for every anus you respond to with an intelligent unemotional response.

You get an extra life for completely ignoring the troll, no matter how personal the taunt. It's hard, and you need to learn to swallow the bitter pill of pride, but you win in the end.

This game can be practiced at home with the wife.

Old 02-10-2012, 12:25 AM   #9
TheG3RG
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

E-thugging... Don't let it get to you, just ignore it.

Old 02-10-2012, 01:07 AM   #10
TheMan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 21 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 321 Times on 240 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Anyone can act tough behind the internet...its tough not to respond in kind to some of those people...but I find its best to ignore them. I figure it probably annoys them more if you do this than respond.

Also, I think many of them are young. Or they just have nothing better to do. I mean, when some guy criticizes you for asking a question on an opinion forum his life must be pretty boring

Quick Reply