Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Intercontinental Pub Crawl / Homebrew Event

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2006, 06:00 AM   #1
pyssedas heavy industrial
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Intercontinental Pub Crawl / Homebrew Event

Hi Everyone,

This year I am once again organizing a world-wide pub crawl to take place on the 27th May, and am trying to get as many people as possible interested and excited about having a beer that day for no good reason other than our mutual love of a drink or two.

Already there are 57 venues, in 20 cities, in 9 countries on 5 continents taking part.

5 American cities are currently participating, with Seaside Heights New Jersey leading the way with a crawl of 9 bars being undertaken. In Europe, Exeter has the biggest crawl with 12 bars being visited. Australia currently has the most cities [six] and the biggest individual crawl [17 pubs in Melbourne]. Africa is being led by Pretoria, and some enterprising locals in Ulsan South Korea have come on board with a 6 bar crawl. The latest, and perhaps most exotic city to join was Kabul in Afghanistan.

To be clear we are not trying to make any money, or push any agenda other than the fact that we think it is kind of cool to be drinking with as many people in as many places around the world as possible on the same day.

What to do if you want to be involved? – Well either just reply here at the forum, or drop us a mail at pyssedas@yahoo.com. To check out something like the full list of participating bars go to www.geocities.com/pyssedas/crawl_2006 If you want to take part just let us know where you will be drinking on the day. Bars, pubs, lounge rooms and sheds are all perfectly acceptable. And of course tell your friends about this exciting event.

Hope to have all of last year’s participants from the forum back again, and to meet as many new friends as possible

Cheers

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2006, 07:02 AM   #2
Chairman Cheyco
***DRAMATIZATION***
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

That seems like enough time to get warmed-up...

Once the wind has been broken, it cannot be fixed.

Old 04-12-2006, 11:39 PM   #3
Recipes 

I hope so - any chance that we might see Calgary on the list? We had a few Canadian venues last year - but not that one...

Old 04-13-2006, 01:16 AM   #4
Pumbaa
I prefer 23383

Recipes 

Liked 71 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 66

oddly enuff I have a home brew party planned for that day. I have 9 cases of home brew I need GONE so I can brew some more. SWMBO has made it very clear I can buy any more bottles . . . well not very clear . . . she said I better not let her catch me buying more bottles

Old 04-13-2006, 04:43 AM   #5
Recipes 

Add of course it would excellent to have WI on board too - sadly over the Australian summer i found a marvellously effecient way to dispose of homebrew - one of the shelves in my storage cabinet collapsed depriving me of many well aged bottles

on a positive note many of them were the notorious chicken beer that perhaps the world is better off without...

Old 04-13-2006, 04:57 AM   #6
Ize

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

I think I like this idea... If the brewpubs around the world would unite...

FREESTYLE BREWING FOR EVERYONE!!!

Sinister laugh as i fade into an alcoholic haze...

Bwhaahaaahaaahaaahaaa!!!

Pardon me, I've been drinking...

Ize

Sig to re-open when it's less of an embarassment
What I do for a living on the web... www.wsoyam.com

Old 04-13-2006, 05:20 AM   #7
Recipes 

Hmmm seems to me that the US will soon be leading the world in terms of the most cities involved - the rest of us had better get a wriggle on

Old 04-13-2006, 08:21 PM   #8
dancingbarefoot
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumbaa
she said I better not let her catch me buying more bottles
Easy enough to get around that one.

Old 04-17-2006, 11:19 PM   #9
Recipes 

Are you proposing some sort of stealth bottle technology?

Old 04-28-2006, 01:47 AM   #10
Recipes 

In this week’s Friday Pub Crawl Update:

• Africa catches the spirit of the crawl
  • Scandinavia gets on board
  • Man travels 3456 kms to get to crawl
  • T-shirt orders slow…
  • South America & Antarctica remain recalcitrant
Hi Everyone,

With one week left before we have to finalise the t-shirt design [and that timeline cannot be extended] we currently have 5 continents, 11 countries, 32 cities and 73 venues participating. If you are not sure whether you are included yet check out the crawl website - http://www.pyssedas.com/gipc2006.html ! If you have been putting off getting your friends or family involved tarry no longer – the time to invite them is now!

Africa catches the spirit of the crawl:
Thanks to the worthog brewers collective things are really rocking on the African continent this week – as well as many new venues in their leading crawl city of Pretoria, we now have venues in Boksburg, Eastern Cape and Erasmuskloof. Africa now overtakes Asia in terms of the number of cities and the number of venues which will be crawling on the 27th.

Scandanavia gets on board:
Our new country of the week is Norway, where drinkers will gather at Stolen in Oslo on the 27th for a brew or two. Over 17,000 km away in the regional Australian city of Bendigo drinks will be on at The Golden Vine hotel. Back in Europe things are almost certain to be messy at the Oxford Summer Eights rowing carnival where Dan is planning to drink at as many boathouses as he can find!

Man travels 3456 kms to get to crawl:
Special mention is surely deserved by Kenneth who has posted over at the Pub Crawl organising forum - http://www.pyssedas.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=2 that he is going to fly from Perth to Melbourne [apparently 3456 kms although that number seems to good to be true] to join the Melbourne crawl! Outstanding effort that…

T-shirt orders slow:
Currently we have only 8 people who have said they want t-shirts – if you want one [or more] please let me know – with such tight timelines there is no time to waste

South America & Antarctica remain recalcitrant:
With only one week left we are yet to locate brewers or drinkers in either of these fine continents – please please please if you have contacts there encourage them to take a brew with us on May 27th

Quick Reply