The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Insurance Claim PITA - Rant

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2012, 04:47 PM   #11
Darwin18
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 649 Times on 468 Posts
Likes Given: 385

Like others have said, you pay for your insurance so let them take care of the situation. It's their job that you pay them for. Plus they're the professionals.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2012, 07:35 PM   #12
Punity
ECS 4 LIFE!
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 243 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 50

If you have state farm then have them go after the other insurance.
My wifes 1 month old car was hit by an employee and they verbally agreed to get it fixed but she dragged her feet for over a month with all kinds of excuses. I got fed up and took the co workers information to out state farm rep and he opened a claim that day and my wifes car got fixed a week later in its worth it to let the insurance people work it out.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:38 PM   #13
motobrewer
I'm no atheist scientist, but...
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 207 Times on 182 Posts
Likes Given: 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by autobaun70 View Post
Sadly SC makes you put forth a reasonable attempt first, however nobody seems to be willing to define what is reasonable in terms of time frame. I'm on the verge of cutting State Farm loose on them, had to do the same with an incident my wife was in last year, and got great results. Like I say, I am trying to work with them, even willing to drive my truck while it is in the shop (more convenient than dealing with a rental), but damn, get on with it.

My whole thing, when it comes to an insurance claim, I should have to put forth zero, or little effort, to make things right if I am not at fault. If it was my fault, I would expect to deal with a little bit of work, but in the case of it not being my fault, they should go out of their way to make things right for me.
get a rental!!!!! they'll move quickly if they're paying by the day.
The man who intoxicates himself on bad whisky is sometimes moved to kill his wife and set his house on fire, but the victim of applejack is capable of blowing up a whole town with dynamite and of reciting original poetry to every surviving inhabitant.

– "A Wicked Beverage," New York Times, April 10, 1894

Old 08-15-2012, 07:55 PM   #14
autobaun70
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 15 Posts

Made some serious headway today. I found the guy that hit me's phone # and sent him a text. He responded immediately.

They claim to have had a different # for him, which was an old phone #. Sadly they didnt pay a bit if attention to the accident report because his working # was on there. Supposedly the check is in the mail.

I tried to run it through my insurance, however I would have been on the hook for the deductible until it was resolved.

Quick Reply