The inner Gnome

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laughing_Gnome_Invisible

Reaction score
4:30 am right now, feeling mellow.....

For no particular reason, except that I now feel that maybe I am with good friends, I feel like sharing a part of the inner gnome. It's a short fable (Poorly edited, and full of typos) You have to scroll down the page a little if you want to read it.

I wrote it as a kind of autobiography of a lifetime of emotions rather than historical facts. Just substitute being an orphan for a lack of parental discipline, and substitute the sun and the moon for my present wife, and it's pretty much me, but with a rather high opinion of myself. ;) This is what my ebay auctions looked like in the days when I still painted.

I like to write autobiographies, I have a few here too......I used them to sell paintings, and it somehow worked!!

I apologise for my self indulgence(and yes, I know I am self indulgent).....I just felt like sharing with friends. :)

Quite an interesting read you have there. No need to apologize for some self indulgence, we all do it from time to time.

Wow...Simply fucqing amazing...I'm blown away by the story my friend...someday I may ask your permission to use it in a sermon or a workshop....

:mug:

So, is it the fact that you are a bleedin loon that allows you to produce such wisdom and beauty....or is it your ability to produce such wisdom and beauty that made you a bleedin loon?

I say this in the most endearing way i can.

:mug:You are a talented man. Eccentric..... but talented. So was Van Gogh, don't send your ear to anyone though.:mug:

:mug:You are a talented man. Eccentric..... but talented. So was Van Gogh, don't send your ear to anyone though.:mug:

But can you imagine what Van Gogh's ear would net on Ebay these days???

I'm just sayin, Gnome...You gotta think about your retirement...or your estate after your wife shivs you for all the nicknames you call her on here.....:D

Ah my friend, you are a many layered being. That was simply amazing stuff, a right nice parable that actually left me a little verklempt (there's that word again).

In all seriousness, that was an excellent way to begin my day and the four-hour drive I have ahead of me. Thank you.:mug:

So, is it the fact that you are a bleedin loon that allows you to produce such wisdom and beauty....or is it your ability to produce such wisdom and beauty that made you a bleedin loon?

Something inside me snapped and went haywire when I met my wife. She really IS the sun and the moon to me. ;)

I tried to look at your ebay store but ebay said it didnt exist.....

I closed it. People kept bugging me wanting to buy stuff. :cross: More accurately, I havn't been painting for 2 or 3 years, so with no new stuff to draw attention to the older prints business became too spotty to bother with. I may open it again if I re-start painting.

Back