Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Indie Music Lovers?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2012, 01:32 AM   #1
JeffoC6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 53 Times on 28 Posts

Default Indie Music Lovers?

I have a feeling I'm in the minority here, which is cool, but I'm going to at least cast my line out to see if I get any hits. If you're a fan/know of/enjoy any of the following bands, then come on in and say hi. Here goes...

Deerhunter, Grizzly Bear, Animal Collective, No Age, Belle and Sebastian, Women, Woods, Wilco, Yeasayer, Sonic Youth, Akron/Family, Hacienda, Queens of the Stone Age, My Bloody Valentine, Of Montreal, Panda Bear, Bear In Heaven, Black Angels, Deerhoof, Clap Your Hands Say Yea, Broken Social Scene, Middle Brother, Dr. Dog, Eagles of Death Metal, Modest Mouse, Neil Young, Dodos, Fleet Foxes, My Morning Jacket, Beach House, Real Estate, Black Mountain, Neutral Milk Hotel, George Harrison, Atlas Sound, Oneida, Kurt Vile, Spoon, Surfer Blood, War On Drugs, annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd Dirty Projectors.

Anyone? If not...That's cool too

Planned:
Prim #1: Ed Wort's Bavarian Hefe
Prim #2:
Prim #3:
Prim #4:
Prim #5:
Prim #6:
Bottled: Saddle-Up IPA, Leaf House IPA

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2012, 02:06 AM   #2
runitis
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Huge fan of Wilco and My Morning Jacket

Old 02-11-2012, 03:39 AM   #3
djfriesen
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 5

On that list: Modest Mouse and Wilco

In addition: Jimmy Eat World, Snow Patrol, and Keane

Old 02-11-2012, 03:48 AM   #4
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 3466 Times on 2146 Posts
Likes Given: 2980

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffoC6 View Post
I have a feeling I'm in the minority here, which is cool, but I'm going to at least cast my line out to see if I get any hits. If you're a fan/know of/enjoy any of the following bands, then come on in and say hi. Here goes...

Deerhunter, Grizzly Bear, Animal Collective, No Age, Belle and Sebastian, Women, Woods, Wilco, Yeasayer, Sonic Youth, Akron/Family, Hacienda, Queens of the Stone Age, My Bloody Valentine, Of Montreal, Panda Bear, Bear In Heaven, Black Angels, Deerhoof, Clap Your Hands Say Yea, Broken Social Scene, Middle Brother, Dr. Dog, Eagles of Death Metal, Modest Mouse, Neil Young, Dodos, Fleet Foxes, My Morning Jacket, Beach House, Real Estate, Black Mountain, Neutral Milk Hotel, George Harrison, Atlas Sound, Oneida, Kurt Vile, Spoon, Surfer Blood, War On Drugs, annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd Dirty Projectors.

You must be kidding. I spend most mornings chilling to half those bands, then the afternoon ramping it up with the others. Eagles of Death Metal station on Pandora gets me through a lot of afternoons. Many of those (e.g., spoon, fleet foxes) I wore out a long time ago.

Old 02-11-2012, 04:01 AM   #5
40watt
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 64 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffoC6 View Post

I love a bunch of those bands. You have a couple "deer" bands on there, but you left out Deertick. Tisk Tisk.
Old 02-11-2012, 05:43 PM   #6
JeffoC6
Recipes 

@runitis- awesome man...saw MMJ open for Wilco back in around 2005 I think, in Philly. Obviously it was an incredible show. It was right before MMJ exploded.

@djfriesen- Older Modest Mouse (Lonesome Crowded West, The Moon And Antarctica, etc.) is some of my favorite shyt.

@passedpawn- Nice! Who else are you into?

@40watt- Who else are you into? I just couldn't do Deertick, but Middle Brother (a Deertick side group) works for me...Go figure.

I figured I was the only one on here who liked "hipster" music hahaha

Planned:
Prim #2:
Prim #3:
Prim #4:
Prim #5:
Prim #6:

Old 02-11-2012, 05:52 PM   #7
cheezydemon3
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 1642 Times on 1235 Posts
Likes Given: 3007

ModM, wilco, MMjacket, fleet foxes are all good........

I would add Todd snider, Josh Ritter, vampire weekend, feist, and 20 others I can't think of right now.

91.9 wfpk here in Louisville plays lots of those bands and hundreds more that you would never hear on the top 40 stations.

Old 02-11-2012, 08:39 PM   #8
Tex
Recipes 

Liked 50 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Im down with Modest Mouse and Wilco. Don't know if you consider them indie but Band of Horses are another favorite of mine. Saw mmj at wakarusa in arkansas last year, great live show. I'm listening to a lot of Filligar right now, they're a great up and coming band. Also, old Death Cab is great

Old 02-11-2012, 08:49 PM   #9
JeffoC6
Recipes 

Vampire is good too, yea. Saw Band of Horses open up for Pearl Jam a few years back. Really dug their first album, not so much their second.

There are probably 50 other bands I'm forgetting to list as well, but yea, I'm a music guy...bigtime. Love going to shows, listening to and discovering new music. Glad to know there are others out there too...

Listening to Bon Iver right now on wax. First time hearing him, even after all the pub he's gotten. Fantastic voice.

Planned:
Prim #2:
Prim #3:
Prim #4:
Prim #5:
Prim #6:

Old 02-12-2012, 12:26 AM   #10
Grumpybumpy
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

I like pretty much all of those. neutral milk hotel's "aeroplane over the sea" is a top 3 album for me

Quick Reply