Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > I Quit Smoking

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2014, 02:40 PM   #81
Bobb25
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I smoked cigarettes from 1968 ( 21 y.o.) to November 29, 1982 at 11:59 PM. ( 35 y.o. ) . I had tried cutting back, low tar brands, pipes, etc... Finally just decided to quit cold turkey as a birthday gift to myself, and a gift to the daughter we were expecting the following June. I still miss it occasionally. Ironically if I walk out onto the deck on a beautiful clear morning and take a nice deep breath of fresh air,...the next thought is ... a cigarette would sure taste good. But I don't do it. My crutch is now water. A few mouthfuls and the urge goes away.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2014, 03:10 PM   #82
GrogNerd
Mean Old Man
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 840 Times on 588 Posts
Likes Given: 110

lol...

"I'm gonna go outside, get some fresh air" and light up a smoke

I used to do that

"If you want to do something, do it and then have a homebrew. If you don't want to do it, just have a homebrew" - Charlie Papazian

"Beer. Good." - Words of House Grog

drinking: Maibock, DB8Point IPA Clone, Belgian Wit, Rain Delay IPA, Wojtkowiak Piwo, CLB's Barleywine, 8Hearted Pale Ale, O'Rob's Dry Irish Stout - bottle conditioning: DB8PT Session Ale, Otto M. Gourd Pumpkin Barleywine, Jewel Thieves Apple Wine, Wojtkowiak Grodziskie - bulk conditioning: barleywine

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply