Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > I got into a wreck tonight...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2012, 04:55 AM   #1
dfc
Audio Engineer/Instructor
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 197 Times on 166 Posts
Likes Given: 124

Default I got into a wreck tonight...

First off, I'm OK. Tonight someone pulled out in front of me and I didn't quite have enough time to react. It looked like just a fender bender on the outside, but something is now wrong with my engine. I love my truck though. I have an '02 Chevy S10 Blazer that's got a 2/3 drop and I've had it since 2008. She's got almost 218K miles on her, but up until tonight the truck was running perfectly fine. Now, I'm hoping all that's wrong is a few busted engine mounts.

Since the truck is so old and has so many miles on it there's a good chance the repairs are going to exceed the KBB value. If that's the case I'll be sad to see the truck go, but I've gotten over 4 years out of a truck I paid 4K for.

The silver lining in this is that I really want a '67-'72 Chevy C10 and if my truck is totaled it'll be time to move on. I'm all about a short bed, but I'm not COMPLETELY opposed to a long bed. My next tuck may be something along these lines.

Kegged: Beer
Bottled: Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer.
Primary: Beer
Secondary: Beer

How to brew extract (with pictures!)

How to brew extract (Video)

Simple bottling process

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2012, 05:01 AM   #2
SharonaZamboni
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1396 Times on 1289 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Glad to hear you're okay. Too bad about the truck, but an oldie would be great.

Oh, so you're just gonna sit there drinkin beer from your keg, sh!ttin in the kitchen sink, and watching him work -Xaphoeous

I McDrunko and this beer is Amazing!- McBrewskie

Old 12-22-2012, 05:03 AM   #3
dfc
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Hell yeah it would... Thanks for the well wishes though.

Simple bottling process

Old 12-22-2012, 05:07 AM   #4
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 478 Times on 420 Posts
Likes Given: 266

Dude, that sucks royally. At least you're ok, even if your truck isn't... Maybe time to move on up to a full size truck? I know that's what I'll be looking for when my 02 Ranger decides to give it up. I want the extra cargo capacity of a full size (or at least mid size if they still make them by then). There's been plenty of times when I could have used the extra cargo capacity.

I hope, at least, that the yackoff that pulled out in front of you had more damage done. It's amazing how those small cars just crinkle up when you just barely touch them.

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

Old 12-22-2012, 05:37 AM   #5
45_70sharps
Recipes 

Liked 172 Times on 141 Posts
Likes Given: 136

That really sucks.
I like your thinking though.
I'm doing away with my thouraly modern rigs and going to all older cars and trucks with carbs and other parts I can recognize and work on.
I've got an 84 Chevy truck, a 54 Belair and when the trailblazer is gone, I'm thinking about a C3 corvette. Early '70's to '82. I know '82 doesn't have a carb, but it's easy to put one on.

Let's see if I keep this updated!

On tap
Black Butte clone

In secondary
Pumpkin ale

In primary
Honey wit

Up next.. Firestone Union Jack clone

Old 12-22-2012, 05:59 AM   #6
dfc
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golddiggie View Post
Dude, that sucks royally. At least you're ok, even if your truck isn't... Maybe time to move on up to a full size truck? I know that's what I'll be looking for when my 02 Ranger decides to give it up. I want the extra cargo capacity of a full size (or at least mid size if they still make them by then). There's been plenty of times when I could have used the extra cargo capacity.

I hope, at least, that the yackoff that pulled out in front of you had more damage done. It's amazing how those small cars just crinkle up when you just barely touch them.
I actually prefer the small trucks and if I were to get a C10 it would be the biggest truck I have owned. In all fairness the guy who pulled out in front of me was a nice guy who made a mistake. He was completely cool about the situation and extremely apologetic. The guy made a mistake as we all do and I can forgive that, but he was driving his parents car and there was a 4 year old in the vehicle. I'm just glad no one was hurt. I probably had more damage to my truck though...

Simple bottling process

Old 12-22-2012, 06:03 AM   #7
dfc
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45_70sharps View Post
That really sucks.
I like your thinking though.
I'm doing away with my thouraly modern rigs and going to all older cars and trucks with carbs and other parts I can recognize and work on.
I've got an 84 Chevy truck, a 54 Belair and when the trailblazer is gone, I'm thinking about a C3 corvette. Early '70's to '82. I know '82 doesn't have a carb, but it's easy to put one on.
I'm completely with you on that. To me there's just something about late '60's to early '70's vehicles that's just sexy. I've been looking at the C10 for a while now and have told myself that's going to be my next vehicle. My truck has been completely paid off for 4 years now and I'd hate to change that, but if it must be done I'm going to get what I want.

Simple bottling process

Old 12-22-2012, 08:48 AM   #8
45_70sharps
Recipes 

Liked 172 Times on 141 Posts
Likes Given: 136

You know how many of those trucks I had back when they were just a cheap old truck?
I would love one now for my daily, but they cost enough for me to get a decent '50 ford F1.

I'm mostly into older now, as in I NEED a model A roadster type older.
I do love those '70ish C10 trucks though.
They look very nice, pretty modern in the suspension and drivetrain, good brake systems, stout enough to use to tow or haul, and chicks dig em!

I think the one you used as an example picture is very nice. Needs smaller wheels, Radial TA tires and it needs to be dropped about 3".
Maybe a 396 or 454 and a 4 speed to make it about perfect.

A little chop to the roof would be nice, but way beyond my skill sets or check book to chop a rig.

Let's see if I keep this updated!

On tap
Black Butte clone

In secondary
Pumpkin ale

In primary
Honey wit

Up next.. Firestone Union Jack clone

Old 12-22-2012, 11:58 AM   #9
Zuljin
16%er
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3473 Times on 3186 Posts
Likes Given: 356

Do it. Those late model Chevy trucks are cool.

And I hear ya on smaller trucks. I've had the full 8 feet. It's not that it's difficult, just smaller is easier. And I kinda like bucket seats in a truck too.

Old 12-22-2012, 11:47 PM   #10
PapsD
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 18 Posts

I'd go with a k10/20 long box or a suburban. I just got a 1999 K1500 suburban and I love the truck. I personally would never buy a truck that didn't have 4x4.

But if you like them slammed go with a c10. They are really cool! That body style and the one before it are awesome looking! Try and find a rust free all original with low miles. Don't buy one that's already been gone through. Do as much as you can yourself. The long box isn't that long if it's just a single cab.

K5 blazers are also really cool!

Quick Reply