The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > I finally did it

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2008, 01:20 AM   #1
Bytor1100
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default I finally did it

I have been working on putting together a free part search website for motorcycle, ATV, snowmobile, and personal watercraft. There are other sites out there but they charge dealers monthly subscriptions. I use this site to help me practice coding, while at the same time providing a useful service. I hope enough traffic can be generated to make it useful for everyone.
I thought I would share it since I'm just excited to get it up an going finally. The link is:
http://www.motopartsearch.com

30 Gallons - Malty Moe APA

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2008, 02:00 AM   #2
PeteOz77

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

2 things:

It would be really handy if when you selected a brand and a year, the model list only contained models pertinent to that year, as in 1977 TXL 340, the list of models to pick from includes dozens and dozens that were not produced in that year.

When I am online looking for stuff like this, I HATE to have to give out my name and email address, especially when I haven't even found out if they have what I am looking for. Let me see what you have, and if it's what I want, I will contact you...

Other than that, it looks great!

Old 03-26-2008, 02:11 AM   #3
Bytor1100
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
It would be really handy if when you selected a brand and a year, the model list only contained models pertinent to that year, as in 1977 TXL 340, the list of models to pick from includes dozens and dozens that were not produced in that year.
yeah, I know about the modeal year thing. It's just hard to find all the information for all the different makes with the models for each year. If I can come accross a good resource I would change it too.

Quote:
When I am online looking for stuff like this, I HATE to have to give out my name and email address, especially when I haven't even found out if they have what I am looking for. Let me see what you have, and if it's what I want, I will contact you...
Since there will be mutiple dealers, where they maintain their inventory, it's kind of the only workable option.

Thanks for the input, I will be continually trying to improve the site the best that I can. Right now it's pretty bare bones, but a workable model. Now I just need to refine it and add the frills.

30 Gallons - Malty Moe APA

Quick Reply