Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > I feel so bad for my wife, I feel like I should have been there...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2008, 10:07 PM   #31
The Pol
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 54 Times on 51 Posts

I did get half of that $100 and the court took the other half. My wife and I both realize that there can be no grey areas overlooked, because his mother will be on the warpath at this point. Our defenses are up, and we are carefully watching every legal detail so that we do not leave ourselves vulnerable.
My wife has been reading a book about PAS, parental alienation syndrome, and my son sadly is the poster child for this. He exhibits every symptom, and his mother does nearly everything that is described in the book. The problem is that courts do NOT take this sort of thing very seriously. We are thankful for the small victory that we have had, but unfortunately there is alot going on that my son will not share with us. We have family counseling sessions when he is at our home, perhaps they will yield some answers. Thanks for all of the support here!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2008, 12:21 AM   #32
BADS197
Recipes 

A chainsaw, acid proof tub from the container store and a couple gallons of acid are MUCH cheaper then a lawyer and court.

just fyi

Frosty Nipple Brewing Co.

Bottled
Pumpkin Ale
Faw-Kin Hevy Scotch Ale
Slam Dunkelweizen
GPC American Ale
Not-October Octoberfest Ale

Primary
English Pale Ale
Secondary

Keg
#1 2.5g - Faw-kin Hevy Scotch Ale
#2 2.5g - Nut Brown Ale

Next
American Amber
English Pale

Old 08-14-2008, 07:15 AM   #33
Kauai_Kahuna
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

BADS197 - That is horrible advice! Very true, final, and much better than dealing with lying, psycho, egomaniac spawn from hell. (And that is just the lawyers).

The Pol - Just remember you are in a war not of your making, and your son has become the "weapon of mass destruction" to be used against you at all cost. Hopefully you can keep him engaged with open lines of communication and in time he will understand. I was 8 years old when my parents divorced and they refused to use us kids as weapons and that was tough enough. However I have seen it many times with friends as kids as well as adults and there are no winners ever.

Best of luck, this is a very *crummy* situation. I had better words but I don't want to get banned.

---
In Primary: Belgium Chimay clones.
In Secondary: Braggot, pale ale, end of the world white.
Conditioning: Mead, Cider, braggot, Belgium Wheat.
On Tap: Clones, Chimay Blue, Red, Porter, malted cider.
Bottles: Far, far, too many to list.

Old 08-14-2008, 12:16 PM   #34
Melana
Up to no good....
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1393 Times on 850 Posts
Likes Given: 895

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedlam View Post

As the wicked stepmother ...
You too????

Old 08-14-2008, 03:00 PM   #35
Orpheus

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts

I'm glad to hear it worked out and some kind of justice was doled out. Man, I can't ever imagine having to deal with that kind of crap. It sounds like you're doing everything right by your son and doing everything you can to maintain a sense of normalcy for his sake. Remember to document every little thing she does, and contact the authorities whenever necessary. It sucks to have to do it, but the more official documentation there is, the easier your job will be in the long run if you decide to take things further. Best of luck to you.

Old 08-14-2008, 03:49 PM   #36
Philip1993
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADS197 View Post
A chainsaw, acid proof tub from the container store and a couple gallons of acid are MUCH cheaper then a lawyer and court.
Movie myth. Everyone knows you use a caustic solution to dissolve meat and fats.

On a serious note; Why didn't the police enforce the court order? Once your wife produced it, they should have told your ex to stand aside or be arrested for custodial interference.

Old 08-14-2008, 03:55 PM   #37
The Pol
Recipes 

Liked 54 Times on 51 Posts

Apparently they cannot in Indiana, they said that only the court can enforce it. They tried to mediate a solution, but failed, my sons mom tried to say that my wife "escalated" the disagreement by calling the police. I was like, no... listen to the audio tape, it was all very calm, the police were called to mediate a solution when it was clear that my wife and my sons mom were not getting anywhere. Then his mother said that we AGREED to not take him, and do it another day when I was home... I was like, LIAR... if we AGREED to it, why am I here, driving 12 hours to take you to court? HELLOOO? She is horrible at lying, that is why we record EVERYTHING.

Quick Reply