The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > I feel so bad for my wife, I feel like I should have been there...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2008, 05:10 PM   #21
brauhaus
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

best wishes, hopefully something good will come of this.

Fire/EMS of HBT.com

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2008, 07:52 PM   #22
The Pol
Recipes 

Liked 51 Times on 48 Posts

UPDATE:

We had a hearing, during the pre-hearing meeting our case worker basically told her that she had no valid reason for doing what she did, and asked if we could resolve the issue without a judge. She was completely defiant and said that she would offer me nothing, so we went before the judge, I was actually quite happy to.

Judge said that he could give her up to 45 days in the county jail for her first offense, but stated that he doenst think he will see her in his courtroom again. Fined her $100 and gave me an extra (2) days of time with my son. Stated that she had no reason to do what she did that all of her excuses were meaningless. FINALLY some sort of justice.

Old 08-13-2008, 08:17 PM   #23
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4197 Times on 3055 Posts
Likes Given: 778

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pol View Post
UPDATE:

We had a hearing, during the pre-hearing meeting our case worker basically told her that she had no valid reason for doing what she did, and asked if we could resolve the issue without a judge. She was completely defiant and said that she would offer me nothing, so we went before the judge, I was actually quite happy to.

Judge said that he could give her up to 45 days in the county jail for her first offense, but stated that he doenst think he will see her in his courtroom again. Fined her $100 and gave me an extra (2) days of time with my son. Stated that she had no reason to do what she did that all of her excuses were meaningless. FINALLY some sort of justice.
Oh, I'm so glad to hear that! I always feel for parents who have a jerk for an ex who try to get their revenge through the kids. I have never said a bad word about/to my ex because I love my kids and they need a relationship with him. They will find out soon enough that he is not a reasonable man- but not from me. Good for you for doing all that you can to make your son feel valuable, loved, and not a part of the problem.

Old 08-13-2008, 08:18 PM   #24
bigjohnmilford
bigger than most
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 65 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 111

Glad to hear things worked out in your favor. Enjoy the time with your boy.

What's your hobby Ray? Drinkin. Want a beer Buddy?

Old 08-13-2008, 08:19 PM   #25
Boerderij_Kabouter

Recipes 

Liked 115 Times on 100 Posts
Likes Given: 11

My prayers are with you and your son. It sounds like your ex is really making a mess of things. I am glad that the judge listened to reason. Good luck!

Old 08-13-2008, 08:48 PM   #26
adrock
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Victory!!!

Old 08-13-2008, 08:48 PM   #27
BierMuncher
...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 558 Times on 330 Posts
Likes Given: 198

Congratulations on a victory...but keep a close eye out.

Now that she knows "the world" is against her...she's likely to slip a bit further into psycho-ville and become more desperate in her actions.

Check Out My Rolling Kegerator

BierMuncher Tried & Trues:
Tits-Up IIPA (3-Time Medalist), Black Pearl Porter, Kona Pale Ale, Outer Limits IPA, Centennial Blonde (4.0%), Nierra Sevada (SNPA), SWMBO Slayer Belgian Blonde,

Old 08-13-2008, 08:49 PM   #28
bethlehembrewer

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pol View Post
UPDATE:

Glad to hear it! In thinking about it. Why after all of the immaturity and nonsense she has shown the court would you not ask for sole custody? It seems she and the boyfriend are proving to be somewhat unfit in the care and well being of a child, granted I'm not the judge, I do see this as somewhat plausible.

Primary: London Mild
Bottled: Holding it over with Fat Tire and Alaskan Amber
Up next: ???

Old 08-13-2008, 09:10 PM   #29
Bedlam
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 52 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by BierMuncher View Post
Congratulations on a victory...but keep a close eye out.

Now that she knows "the world" is against her...she's likely to slip a bit further into psycho-ville and become more desperate in her actions.
Bingo. Don't wanna rain on your parade, brother, but now is the BIGGEST time to keep your eyes peeled.

Make sure all communication lines with your kiddo are open and ask him lots of open-ended questions about his life. Don't go digging, but let him know he is free to talk to you about what's going on with his mom.

Be relaxed no matter what your ex says to him about you...laugh it off in his presence, even if it feels like someone's twisting a hot poker in your nads as you do so...say things like "your mom gets some weird ideas about stuff sometimes, buddy, do you REALLY think your daddy'd do/say something like that? ...now, you been watchin' the Olympics?" Your job is to be his rock, his touchstone for reality. She'll be spinnin' her own version of reality, but if your kiddo has a lick of sense, he'll be looking for a second opinion--if not now, then later.

As the wicked stepmother to three kiddos who have the Borderline Personality Disordered mom, I KNOW of which I speak. Oh, and to add to my credentials a bit, I'm also a child and adolescent psychiatrist so I deal with this on a professional level EVERYDAY. It sucketh large for all involved, but if you remain steady, it will pay off in the end.

-------------------------------------
Jill Mc

Old 08-13-2008, 09:34 PM   #30
foppa78

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Nice. Half of that $100 fine should go to you for the wasted gas and to the courts for wasting their time. It looks as if justice worked this time.

Quick Reply