The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > I feel so bad for my wife, I feel like I should have been there...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2008, 01:48 AM   #11
The Pol
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 51 Times on 48 Posts

The other disturbing thing is that the man that she is "supposedly" marrying was with her, and backed her up on her excuse! EVEN THOUGH, HE performs pickup and drop off for her. My wife asked him, on the tape of course... "what is the difference between me picking up Parker for my husband and YOU picking up Parker for your fiance'? He had no response... Inbreeding, what ya gonna do?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2008, 07:21 AM   #12
EvilTOJ

Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 3

The Pol, why does it feel like you're my Ghost of Christmas Future? I just got my day in court with Plumpy McPsycho and visitation still needs to be hammered out in detail. That does sound like typical crazy behavior. SHE may think driving 6 hours round trip would make sense to her. Essentially what she's saying is is that if she were pissed at her bf/husband/sucker, she'd have no qualms about kidnapping her stepkid. Too bad your ex is 3 hours away, it sounds like you could have had a convenient dumping ground for your spent grains.

Not that I would condone such a thing.......

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Old 07-14-2008, 01:12 PM   #13
TheJadedDog
AFK ATM
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

My father-in-law deals with this exact same nonsense all the time. It's happened repeatedly and he can't seem to get anyone to do anything about it. It's mostly crummy for the child, she's 13 and doesn't know which end is up anymore.

On Tap: Nadda
Primary: Nadda
Planning: Extra Special Bitter

Old 07-14-2008, 01:39 PM   #14
GilaMinumBeer
In yo' garage, steelin' yo parts.

Recipes 

Liked 4604 Times on 4299 Posts
Likes Given: 55

+1 for going after full custody. She is unstable, and if she's making such great efforts to do this at exchange time I can't imagine what kind of stuff she's putting in the kids head.

Old 07-14-2008, 02:10 PM   #15
ohiobrewtus

Recipes 

Liked 37 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilTOJ View Post
...Plumpy McPsycho...
Oh man that's awesome! My wife and I have a pet name for my ex too - PBS (Psycho B!tch Stalker)

Old 07-14-2008, 02:31 PM   #16
jfrizzell
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Man, sorry to hear about the problems with the PBFH (Pscho B!tch from Hell).

I hope you get things worked out - I know the courts seem to favor keeping the kid with the mother, but why she's off her rocker, that's crap. Good luck!

Old 07-14-2008, 03:34 PM   #17
The Pol
Recipes 

I am also holding her in contempt for not following the courts guidance pertaining to placing my son in the middle of parenting disputes. The court has this policy, and I have written them letters concerning her doing this, they have even sent her letters telling her to stop traumatizing my son. This week we recorded her having him call us, asking us why I was not there to pick him up, only my wife, he also stated that he called because "mom and Adam want to know...." and they can both clearly be heard in the background having him relay thier messages and deliver thier questions about the failed attempt at pickup. On the tape we are also telling my son that he cannot and should not be in the middle like this and that his mother needs to speak to us directly... then she gets on the phone and yells at us for "lecturing him". In my REVISED letter I informed the court that they had sent her a letter informing her that this is not appropriate, and that since it is still happening, and I have proof, they MUST enforce thier policy and thier instructions.

Old 07-14-2008, 03:50 PM   #18
Alamo_Beer

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Man, hearing about your son calling on behalf of your ex brings back memories....

My folks split and life was pretty sh!tty as a kid...the worst part was not knowing who was "right" and eventually just shutting off. Later on I figured out my mom was the worst of the two evils and I haven't talked to her going on 4 years now.....I've still got misgivings about my old man/step mom though...

Do what you can to comfort him and be as neutral as possible....he does not/should not be filled with propaganda...

Best luck to you and your family

Old 07-14-2008, 03:59 PM   #19
The Pol
Recipes 

I simply told him... LOOK, this is not your issue, I dont want you dwelling on what is happening or worrying about it. I said, I forgive your mom for what she has been doing, I dont think she is right, but I am not going to stay angry. This isnt your issue, this is an adult issue and I will have to handled, we will get you here, no worries. I want you to worry about girls, doing tricks on your bike, breaking your leg, baseball...etc... not this stuff. Just enjoy your summer, and when you DO get here, we have alot to look forward to. We love you and want you here, we will get it worked out, it IS NOT A BIG DEAL.

It is a big deal, but I want him to know it isnt so big that we will let it infringe upon our time, or our relationship... it is between his mom and I, not me and him. When he comes to our home, he repeatedly asks if we can pray for his mother as we are saying Grace... and we do, joyfully... the battle is not with her, it is with the evil that is controlling her and we have to combat that, not her. Thanks guys...

Old 07-14-2008, 04:11 PM   #20
mmb
FNG
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3092 Times on 3014 Posts
Likes Given: 158

Sounds like the troubles my brother in law has with his ex.

He drives close to three hours to pick up his kid, and if he isn't exactly on time, to her watch, she packs up and leaves with his daughter, as he wasn't there at the scheduled time for pickup.

What's with chicks going crazy psycho hose beast after marriage anyway?

Quick Reply