Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > I feel so bad for my wife, I feel like I should have been there...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2008, 12:33 AM   #1
The Pol
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 54 Times on 51 Posts

Default I feel so bad for my wife, I feel like I should have been there...

MY letter to the court... my poor wife....

My wife attempted to pick up my son pursuant to our court order on Saturday, July 12, 2008 at 11am. My wife, daughter and a family friend made the 3 hour drive to the exchange point, where Ms XXXX refused to allow my son Parker to leave with them. I was called in to pilot an aircraft to Nova Scotia at 3am that morning and was unable to complete the pick up myself. Please note that my wife IS Parkers primary caregiver when he visits our home, as I am gainfully employed.
My wife carried with her a recording device that captured the entire scene. My wife also called the police. The Indiana State Police responded to the scene and pleaded with Ms XXXXX to allow an amicable solution so as not to “scar the child” as they put it. Ms XXXXX refused. Ms XXXX stated that since I was not present she assumed that "you and Rob may have had a fight and you are here to pick up Parker out of spite". I feel stupid even repeating it but it is CLEARLY identifiable on the tape.
During a hearing this spring we were all informed that my wife IS allowed to pick up my son Parker in my absence. Ms XXXX has already in the past allowed my wife to pick up my son Parker. Ms XXXXX also utilizes her boyfriend Adam to perform pick up and drop off when she is absent. I wish to file for SHOW CAUSE for Ms XXXXX actions this weekend. I would like to request reimbursement for the cost of traveling to and from the exchange point, to and from the associated court hearing, non-refundable costs associated with the (2) summer camps in which my son has been enrolled this summer AND makeup parenting time.
As stated in previous letters, I am sorry for the continued issues and for requiring your continued attention to these matters. I will say it again… all that we want is TIME and COMMUNICATION with Parker, with no games and no excuses. As stated before, this has been happening for years, and I fear this is not the end. Thank you again.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2008, 12:45 AM   #2
surfbrewer
Recipes 

Just my 2cents -

As someone who grew up with divorced parents, as I'm sure many of you did, it is very important to try to be as amicable as possible for the childs sake. A child that gets put in the middle of these type of situations will carry these times with them for a very long time, perhaps forever.

It sounds like you love your son and just want to spend time with him, it also sounds like your ex is using him to make things difficult for you. Is she unbalanced?

Anyway, I certainly don't have a solution for you. But, recording these confrontations is a great thing to take to the judge. If you can get a copy of the police report that would be helpful as well. Do what you can to reassure your son, remember he is the most important part of all of this. Good luck.

Primary #1 - Apfelwine #1
Primary #2 -

Conditioning -

On Tap - Abbey Road ESB
Liquid Amber

Next up - Belgian Dark Strong, Apfelwine

Old 07-13-2008, 12:48 AM   #3
Fingers
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 22 Posts

Wow. Someone had a nice big helping of bitch flakes for breakfast. I hope you get your money back and the time back with your son.

Remember, the best revenge is living well and being happy.

Old 07-13-2008, 12:50 AM   #4
The Pol
Recipes 

Unbalanced... we actually hired a family therapist for my son when he visits our home... he is actually MISSING his appointment with her tomorrow because his mom would not let him go with my wife! His therapist thinks that she is bipolar and has some sort of borderline personality disorder. Nice huh. It took three weeks, a letter to the court, and several conversations NOT to get my sons new pediatricians name! I was told he didnt have one, after some digging I got it, I do this stuff every week, honest.

Old 07-13-2008, 12:53 AM   #5
The Pol
Recipes 

Aside from the fact that my son is the big loser in this situation, she is hilarious in what she sayes and does. Each time we are in court she looks like a flaming idiot...

Old 07-13-2008, 12:53 AM   #6
McKBrew

Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 8

This seems to be a continuing issue. I really think you need to consider full custody of your son. This is not good for him or his relationship parents in general. Sorry about the sh!t you have been going through.

Make Beer, Not War.

Old 07-13-2008, 12:59 AM   #7
The Pol
Recipes 

I listened to the tape... what the hell does " you may have argued with Rob and could be here to pick him up out of spite!" mean?!?!?! My wife does favors for me when she is pissed? That would be awesome! During the hearing I am going to mention full custody, because I assure you that if he lived in my home, rational thought would prevail... he WOULD see his mom when he is supposed to, guaranteed! I know what it is like to be on the short end of the stick!

Old 07-13-2008, 01:19 AM   #8
FlyingHorse
Formerly Bike N Brew
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pol View Post
I listened to the tape... what the hell does " you may have argued with Rob and could be here to pick him up out of spite!" mean?!?!?! My wife does favors for me when she is pissed?
I'm a little rusty on my psycho-bitch-speak, but what I think she meant was "how do I know you two didn't have a fight, and you're here to kidnap the kid?" (to "spite" you, not Ms xxxxx...though a felony is an awful lot of spite)

Oh, and my sympathy to you (and your kid) for the situation)

Old 07-13-2008, 01:27 AM   #9
The Pol
Recipes 

We interpreted it as "kidnap" as well. I tell you what, if the tables were turned I would DEFINATLY not drive 6 hours round trip to kidnap my stepchild! LMAO How many spouses kidnap thier stepchildren anyway? And why would this seem more plausible than the reason given.... I AM A RESERVE PILOT AND GOT CALLED OUT AT 3AM!

Old 07-13-2008, 01:43 AM   #10
ohiobrewtus

Recipes 

Liked 37 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Man I hate ex-wives. Sorry to hear that you're going through this. My ex was a real bitch for the first couple of years. Things have gotten better, but I still only deal with her because I have to.

Quick Reply