Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > How often is too often?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2013, 09:59 PM   #21
SmokeNbrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 15

In my case, I typically drink on a weekly basis. At times nightly. The amount always varies. Typically more on the weekends, especially in social settings.

I just enjoy beer, it's not just the affects of the alcohol in itself. I enjoy the culture, the history, the process etc. My attitude towards beer/alcohol is mostly liberal. I feel Im mostly self-aware and feel my attitude towards consumption is balanced 90% of the time.

In contrast, my social environment would teach that alcohol is a source of misery and a path to destruction. However, one could say the same about money? Either way, I don't always find myself being socially accepted. Not rejected as an alcoholic, but not accepted as being congruent in what they feel is acceptable.

Do you find youself feeling the same way?

Old 03-01-2013, 12:06 AM   #22
paulster2626
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 332 Times on 222 Posts
Likes Given: 558

Sometimes I find myself in need of going a day without having a beer. So I open the Glenfiddich. Another problem SOLVED by the Paulster.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2013, 12:13 AM   #23
thadius856
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 589 Times on 250 Posts
Likes Given: 155

It's not how much you drink. It's when you become addicted to drinking. Why do we keep coming back to this topic?

When you need to drink or think you need to drink, you're probably already getting there.

When it takes over your life in a way that impacts you and your loved ones negatively, you're definitely there.

Thadius Miller, Project Manager -> RaspberryPints

Before you build a keezer, look at this!
Chest Freezer Spec Sheets and Layout Drawings (15 models and counting)
Brewcrew02 Likes This 
Old 03-01-2013, 12:21 AM   #24
dstranger99
Recipes 

Liked 106 Times on 85 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeNbrew View Post
In my case, I typically drink on a weekly basis. At times nightly. The amount always varies. Typically more on the weekends, especially in social settings.

I just enjoy beer, it's not just the affects of the alcohol in itself. I enjoy the culture, the history, the process etc. My attitude towards beer/alcohol is mostly liberal. I feel Im mostly self-aware and feel my attitude towards consumption is balanced 90% of the time.

In contrast, my social environment would teach that alcohol is a source of misery and a path to destruction. However, one could say the same about money? Either way, I don't always find myself being socially accepted. Not rejected as an alcoholic, but not accepted as being congruent in what they feel is acceptable.

Do you find youself feeling the same way?

I drink alot too, not as much as I did, but it was common for me to drink 10 per day on weekdays, 18 on a Saturday, 14 on Sunday. I did this for 20 years and was never thought of as a drunk. My Dr. told me "your pretty much a drunk when it it takes hold of your health and you don't care". In my case I cut back and my blood results were great. I do a 6 pack a day now, and I'm still fine. You are too.......Stop worrying about it.

Primary: Caribou Slobber

Kegged: Stout

Bottled: Cent Blonde, Jakes Brown, Stout

I love Yooper........

SmokeNbrew Likes This 
Old 03-01-2013, 12:49 AM   #25
SmokeNbrew
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadius856 View Post
It's not how much you drink. It's when you become addicted to drinking. Why do we keep coming back to this topic?

When you need to drink or think you need to drink, you're probably already getting there.

When it takes over your life in a way that impacts you and your loved ones negatively, you're definitely there.
Thad, you're definitely right. Those symptoms are definitely indicative of lost control. The ability of being able to discuss these things with others, can hopefully provide that ounce of prevention, which we all know is worth a pound of cure.

This leads me to my point and a direct answer to your question of: "Why do we keep coming back to this topic?"

I believe we keep coming back to this topic, because not only is this forum a source of information, but it's also a forum of brotherhood and fellowship. The human element. Sometimes things are just about support. It's what community is founded on.

Im finding this to be a hell of a community and I appreciate ya'lls support. I'll raise a beer to that.

Old 03-01-2013, 01:03 AM   #26
Brewsmack
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulster2626
sometimes i find myself in need of going a day without having a beer. So i open the glenfiddich. Another problem solved by the paulster.
lol!

Old 03-01-2013, 01:05 AM   #27
SmokeNbrew
Recipes 

^ This reminds me of the episode on Two and a Half Men, where Charlie believes he quit drinking, since he's only drinking beer now.

Old 03-01-2013, 05:35 AM   #28
Ricmcam
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Like the song says; "Don't worry..........Be Happy"

Old 03-01-2013, 06:13 AM   #29
Airplanedoc
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 332 Times on 238 Posts
Likes Given: 85

When you are drinking rather than taking care of your responsibilities ie: work, picking your kid up from school, having dinner with your wife, you have a problem

Old 03-01-2013, 07:14 AM   #30
landshark
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 94 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 26

To answer the OP, "Never."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing_Gnome_Invisible View Post
OK, So I searched "Betty White nude" ...........At the top of the results, instead of 'Did you mean......" it asked "Are you f#cking serious?....."

Quick Reply

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS