Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > How do folks who visit the US talk about the US when they go back?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2013, 01:03 AM   #51
whoaru99
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 124 Times on 101 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrdinaryAvgGuy View Post
Fat, ugly, pill poppin', dumb, gas guzzling SUV's drivin' , live in excessively large homes, eat everything deep fried, fast food, gun happy, spend money on a bunch of MIC junk, always in a rush, wasteful, violent, self centered, ignorant, rude, spoiled, always broke, uneducated, oh... and proud.

Unfortunately, 90% of Americans have 3 or more of the above qualities, me being one of them.

The good news is that we are free to walk around in a haze of stupidity while consuming excessive amounts of unnecessary stuff.

Would I live anywhere else? I can think of a couple countries that I may want to move temporarily one day but for now, I am going to live the "American dream" while enjoying my guns and chocolate covered bacon.
Geez man...maybe you should move.

Kegged and Carbing: Russian Imperial Stout
Drinking: Pre-prohibition Lager

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2013, 01:09 AM   #52
Pappers_
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 1002 Times on 703 Posts
Likes Given: 2073

Quote:
Originally Posted by bierhaus15 View Post
Don't mean to stir **** or feed the troll, but I've been to Norway and most of the Scandinavian ones and sorry to offend, but they are some most boring places on earth. People cant afford to buy anything since costs are so high, booze is astronomical, travel costs mean no one goes anywhere, restaurants and food generally suck, people are friendly but unless you are rich its like a happy prison...

Sorry bud!
Well, I can't speak to whether you were bored, etc. But, to say that its like a prison is misleading - factually, emperically, the standard of living in nearly anyway you measure it for the average Swede, Dane or Norwegian is higher than in the US. Partly that is because they don't have the extreme disparity that we do, have a much smaller population and are more homogenous, but nonetheless, the average Scandinavian has a higher standard of living.

And I whole heartedly disagree about the food - I love Scandinavian cooking!

Old 03-04-2013, 01:30 AM   #53
OrdinaryAvgGuy
Recipes 

Liked 180 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoaru99 View Post
Geez man...maybe you should move.
No thanks bro. I think you got me wrong. I love my country - just dislike the overabundance of dead-weights who are dragging the image of our great nation down.

Somewhere, somehow, we went from a nation where the majority believes in self reliance to spoiled and reliant upon the govt. Not trying to start a political discussion but just wanted to defend my love for my country.

There are still still plenty good folks out there who are not contributing to this stereotypical image.

Old 03-04-2013, 01:38 AM   #54
Black
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 66

Aside from extra-low income taxes, low sales taxes, cheaper EVERYTHING from gas to food to cars.... There's not much difference between here and the US. Pretty much the same people except that we speak french here. Guys like to drive pickups, girls listen to reality t.v. and we brew beer.

You would not have to break my arm to have me move to the US, although I love my country like no one, for I am serving it.

Cheers !

Old 03-04-2013, 01:44 AM   #55
OrdinaryAvgGuy
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black View Post
Aside from extra-low income taxes, low sales taxes, cheaper EVERYTHING from gas to food to cars.... There's not much difference between here and the US. Pretty much the same people except that we speak french here. Guys like to drive pickups, girls listen to reality t.v. and we brew beer.

You would not have to break my arm to have me move to the US, although I love my country like no one, for I am serving it.

Cheers !
That and you say "aye" a lot.

JK
Black Likes This 
Old 03-04-2013, 05:17 AM   #56
woknblues
Recipes 

Liked 70 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Anyone who has seen a bit of the world knows that, barring serious **** storm countries, it's about the same everywhere. I have lived in South East Asia for years, Canada and in 5 states across the US, traveled in Europe and the middle east. One thing I have found is that deep down, we are all the same. Plenty of fat people everywhere, plenty of poor, plenty of rich. I have ridden to work on a subway, freeways, bicycles, sidewalks, country roads and back alley in jeepneys, rickshaws, motorcycles, busses, ford f250s, company trucks and crown victorias (and my chevrolegs when close enough), and everywhere I was, there were other people doing it too. Everywhere I go, people are hard working, friendly, curious and eager to share their lives with me, and just as eager to find out about mine. I try to speak their language, they try to speak mine, and we both laugh about how bad we are at it.

Screw all this crap about differences that tear us apart. Threads like this make me sad. I love America. It's my country.

/rant done

Old 03-04-2013, 01:59 PM   #57
ColoHox
Compulsive Hand Washer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 173 Times on 136 Posts
Likes Given: 197

Quote:
Originally Posted by woknblues View Post
Screw all this crap about differences that tear us apart. Threads like this make me sad. I love America. It's my country.
This thread is hilarious. This is not the "why cant we just look deeper and see the human in the rest of us" thread.

America Fkuk-ya!

Bacteria are the only culture some people have.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:05 PM   #58
OrdinaryAvgGuy
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by woknblues View Post
Anyone who has seen a bit of the world knows that, barring serious **** storm countries, it's about the same everywhere. I have lived in South East Asia for years, Canada and in 5 states across the US, traveled in Europe and the middle east. One thing I have found is that deep down, we are all the same. Plenty of fat people everywhere, plenty of poor, plenty of rich. I have ridden to work on a subway, freeways, bicycles, sidewalks, country roads and back alley in jeepneys, rickshaws, motorcycles, busses, ford f250s, company trucks and crown victorias (and my chevrolegs when close enough), and everywhere I was, there were other people doing it too. Everywhere I go, people are hard working, friendly, curious and eager to share their lives with me, and just as eager to find out about mine. I try to speak their language, they try to speak mine, and we both laugh about how bad we are at it.

/rant done
I agree. As humans we are mostly alike.

I will also say that as Americans we are far more wasteful and spoiled when compared to other cultures around the world.

I love my country also, just wish the majority would cease living in a zombie like trance, wake up and smell the coffee.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:23 PM   #59
MalFet
/bɪər nərd/
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1270 Times on 845 Posts
Likes Given: 584

One thing I've noticed: in contrast to the rest of the world, 90% of Americans believe that 90% of Americans are sheeple. Maybe we're just bad at math?

For example, what does it mean for an "Ordinary Average" guy to call the majority of people zombies? I'm no statistician, but...

"Be excellent to each other." -Benjamin Franklin

OrdinaryAvgGuy Likes This 
Old 03-04-2013, 05:14 PM   #60
OrdinaryAvgGuy
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalFet View Post
One thing I've noticed: in contrast to the rest of the world, 90% of Americans believe that 90% of Americans are sheeple. Maybe we're just bad at math?

For example, what does it mean for an "Ordinary Average" guy to call the majority of people zombies? I'm no statistician, but...
Baaaa. I mean wait a second.

The screen name was created to prevent any visiting zombies from perceiving me as a radical.

You know, they read what I write, look at my name, think for a split second about the irony then go back to watching hours of television on their $3,000 easy chair with a BMC in hand.

Quick Reply