The [Horribly Unpopular] Soccer Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh the drama at Selhurst Park is comedy
illK6U.gif

What a weird week. Only Woolwich and Spurs don't drop points. Geordies and Cherries pull shockers. Burnley break Solskjaer's win streak. Leicester gets a result at Anfield too.

Also my phone gave me a shocker alert this morning.

Luis Suarez leaving Barca on loan to Arsenal.

Later corrected to a more sensible Denis Suarez leaving Barca on loan to Arsenal.

I'm gonna predict Liverpool wins the league, City second, Spurs 3rd, ManUre 4th, Arsenal 5th, and Chelsea gets no silverware to console their Thursday nights in Azerbaijan.

Being a Spurs fan on this American brewing forum is about as influential as being the Swedish judge on the TV talent show "Lithuania has moderately entertaining people"

Yeah, I said that you Poch stealing bastard! ;)

Seriously. We beat Palace. That was Liverpool’s last bogey, right?! F’ing Hammers

TBF The Irons are tough to beat when they play in Olympic Stadium. Drew with Chelsea & defeated both Man U & Arsenal. Also there are no easy matches in the EPL regardless of what people say.

TBF The Irons are tough to beat when they play in Olympic Stadium. Drew with Chelsea & defeated both Man U & Arsenal. Also there are no easy matches in the EPL regardless of what people say.

That's definitely true. Hands down the toughest most competitive of all the big leagues on the planet. And while I might not say the same on quality, the Championship is no slouch either.

F***ing Wolves are all you need for proof of that. I won't be surprised if Wolves see Europa League for 19/20, and for that matter do well in it.

Meanwhile, title race is definitely back on.

That's definitely true. Hands down the toughest most competitive of all the big leagues on the planet. And while I might not say the same on quality, the Championship is no slouch either.

Brazil & Argentina have very tough leagues as well. River Plate was regulated back in 2011 but they have returned back to the Top Flight & are now South American Champions. Corinthians were regulated back in 2007, but became Continental Champions in 2012. Both leagues are very entertaining & their rivalry match those in England. IMHO they are even more intense because people die going to their derbies. Hell remember how the Copa Libertadores ended last year? Had to play the 2nd league of the Final in another country. If you want more about those two Leagues & Rivalries, checkout The Real Football Factories International

UEFA is contemplating doing away with away goal tiebreakers for Europa and Champions League.

WTaF. That is the most logical tiebreaker, and fairly reflects a winner far more than this Carabao straight to PKs nonsense. Especially at later stages of a comp.

It erases the point of having two legs in the first place. Just do a single match at a neutral ground then. Or just draw home/away.

UEFA is contemplating doing away with away goal tiebreakers for Europa and Champions League.

WTaF. That is the most logical tiebreaker, and fairly reflects a winner far more than this Carabao straight to PKs nonsense. Especially at later stages of a comp.

It erases the point of having two legs in the first place. Just do a single match at a neutral ground then. Or just draw home/away.
1duncv.jpg

Honestly, I feel sorry for Sarri. Coaching For Chelsea is like being a high school teacher at a school with a principal who is a jerk and some of the most unruly, conceited kids on the planet.

Honestly, I feel sorry for Sarri. Coaching For Chelsea is like being a high school teacher at a school with a principal who is a jerk and some of the most unruly, conceited kids on the planet.
Don't forget the smug entitled parents (fans) who think their rotten children do no wrong.

That was fun!

I was frightened at half time. I'm not frightened now.

That Vertonghen goal though. I'd expect no less from Harry. But Jan?

Oh and Llorente too?

That was fun!

I was frightened at half time. I'm not frightened now.

That Vertonghen goal though. I'd expect no less from Harry. But Jan?

Oh and Llorente too?

Best possible outcome for sure! Jan didn’t even have a halfway decent goal celebration. You could tell he never imagines the moment in his head.

Back