Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > The [Horribly Unpopular] Soccer Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2012, 04:21 PM   #1191
Reno_eNVy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 195 Times on 164 Posts
Likes Given: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punity View Post
I thought that they had a sealed bid for the venue or was i mistaken
I believe next years is going to 100% seeding, but this year was a nice interim between bid and seed. Some of the clubs put in bids, and from there the winner was essentially determined by monetary value as well as the results of the semi-finals.

Kegged: Cascadian Dark Ale

Bottled: English Barleywine (brewed 9/26/09 -- bottled 5/5/10)

LET'S GO LA!
LA CAMPEONES!
PLAY FOR GLORY, THE GLORY LA!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2012, 04:23 PM   #1192
Punity
ECS 4 LIFE!
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 253 Times on 216 Posts
Likes Given: 50

Ahh. Im still pissed about the blocked goal. Watching it on my grainy computer yelling at the ref.

Old 08-09-2012, 04:53 PM   #1193
BainbridgeBrewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I was watching the replay and its pretty apparent that SKC's keeper was moving off the line just as much as Gspurning. Not to beat a dead horse, I just want consistency. I'm not pissed about being called for it, I'm pissed that SKC wasn't called for the same things we were the entire game. I wanted to grab that keeper's tongue ever time he stuck it out and wiggled it around his mouth. Obviously that's what caused Ozzie and Eddie to sky their balls over the net. Still on the fence about Scott's handball in the box. could have gone either way. Too bad, time to focus on MLS Cup now. That extra time and PK's gave me extra time to drink another couple lagers I made using my new lagering fridge!

Old 08-09-2012, 05:23 PM   #1194
Reno_eNVy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BainbridgeBrewer View Post
I was watching the replay and its pretty apparent that SKC's keeper was moving off the line just as much as Gspurning. Not to beat a dead horse, I just want consistency. I'm not pissed about being called for it, I'm pissed that SKC wasn't called for the same things we were the entire game. I wanted to grab that keeper's tongue ever time he stuck it out and wiggled it around his mouth. Obviously that's what caused Ozzie and Eddie to sky their balls over the net. Still on the fence about Scott's handball in the box. could have gone either way. Too bad, time to focus on MLS Cup now. That extra time and PK's gave me extra time to drink another couple lagers I made using my new lagering fridge!
Okay, after watching a replay I still stick by my guns that Gspurning was the culprit. I even did a frame-by-frame slowdown (man, video editing software on Ubuntu is quality... AND FREE!!) and every other instance both keepers took a step during the PK-takers swing, keeping the other foot on the goal-line... 100% legal. The difference is that, on the PK in question, Gspurning bunny-hopped off the line during Nagamura's approach, a good couple steps before his swing. Again, in my most humble of opinions, it was the right call.

And as for Nielsons "Lizard Man" look... I'm going with it throws shooters off by creeping them out:

Mildly NSFW

"We're not like the others... the 'normals.' They lack the wherewithal to cup their hands like a vulva and go 'lulululululululululu'"

LET'S GO LA!
LA CAMPEONES!

Old 08-09-2012, 05:27 PM   #1195
Punity
ECS 4 LIFE!
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno_eNVy

Okay, after watching a replay I still stick by my guns that Gspurning was the culprit. I even did a frame-by-frame slowdown (man, video editing software on Ubuntu is quality... AND FREE!!) and every other instance both keepers took a step during the PK-takers swing, keeping the other foot on the goal-line... 100% legal. The difference is that, on the PK in question, Gspurning bunny-hopped off the line during Nagamura's approach, a good couple steps before his swing. Again, in my most humble of opinions, it was the right call.

And as for Nielsons "Lizard Man" look... I'm going with it throws shooters off by creeping them out:

Mildly NSFW
Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM1_B7U0PdU
Yet it took you frame by frame software to see that. Real time give me a break. BAH! Just angry. But like i said i hope this gives the motivation to go out and win the mls title.

Old 08-09-2012, 05:36 PM   #1196
Reno_eNVy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punity View Post
Yet it took you frame by frame software to see that. Real time give me a break. BAH! Just angry. But like i said i hope this gives the motivation to go out and win the mls title.
Agreed. But yeah, that ref was all over the place anyway... it was apparent from the beginning that there wasn't going to be any consistency in calls for either side. Unfortunately the one that really mattered went in favor of SKC.

And Seattle are looking great in the league right now. The finally figured out how to get results in the first half of the season instead of relying on an out-of-control push from Montero in September and October.

Also... what's up with Chivas this year? TWO SuperClasico matches in a row that actually matter?! And this one could be the turning point for playoff standings?! GTFO!!

LET'S GO LA!
LA CAMPEONES!

Old 08-09-2012, 05:58 PM   #1197
Punity
ECS 4 LIFE!
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Its a crazy year for sure on all levels of the game.

Old 08-09-2012, 07:04 PM   #1198
Reno_eNVy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

LLOYD!!! (Not Wambach, my bad)

And Hope with a HUGE save!

LET'S GO LA!
LA CAMPEONES!
FlyDoctor Likes This 
Old 08-10-2012, 03:44 AM   #1199
lgilmore
Recipes 

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 145

"Well the key difference is that the last three years, Seattle bought the home field advantage. SKC got it due to seeding. A neutral site would yield crappy attendance and, in my most humble opinion, should most certainly not be done"

Not correct. These were sealed bids that were determined to be "equal", but never disclosed. A coin toss was done, but never seen, and the game was awarded to KC. It doesn't hurt that members of the KC organization sit on the board for this... Just poor administrative form. In this day and age when everything is on the net, there is no real excuse not to show the coin toss. Also please note.. the first Seattle cup win was in DC not Seattle.

The problem for US soccer is the appearance of match fixing in this entire process. Absolutely no transparency. Things easily fixed at little or no cost to make things clear. They chose not to do those things and have a self created cloud over the cup.

As far as Salazar goes, he and the Seattle latin players hate each other, have for years. He doesn't respect them and they don't respect him. I wonder about his selection as there is a history of problems when he calls a Seattle game. The slow yellow on Ozzie in the first four minutes was because he grabbed Ozzie's shoulder and tried to turn him around and Ozzie slapped his hand off his shoulder. yellow card. A ref has no business grabbing a player who is moving back to set up for the free kick. Salazar has a bad habit of talking too much, sort of baiting Seattle's players. He just isn't a good fit for a fair ref in games where Seattle plays. You can go back to the games he's done in the past with Seattle and see a pattern of fouls and calls. Seattle should have protested prior to the match.

But in the end it comes down to three Seattle players blowing their kicks. Had any one of them made theirs, more kicks. Had two made theirs Seattle owns it's fourth cup.

Old 08-10-2012, 04:06 AM   #1200
Punity
ECS 4 LIFE!
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Ahhhhhhh still angry haha

Quick Reply