The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Hop Bine Tattoo

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2012, 11:35 PM   #1
Pommy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Auckland, NZ
Posts: 727
Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default Hop Bine Tattoo

Hi Everyone,

I'm wanting to get a hop bine tattoo, solid stencil sort of style, perhaps bordering on a tribal design by incorporating the names of my wife and soon to be born daughter, the idea is that it will grow as future children are born or whatever I want to add as time goes on. Just looking on the internet and havent seen many good hop bine tattoos and certainly not in the style that I am thinking, does anyone have any pictures of anything like this? Even a good hop bine tattoo would be a start.

Cheers

__________________
Pommy is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2012, 09:30 PM   #2
Bedlam
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Bedlam's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 1,085
Liked 52 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Default

My husband's tattoo is a hop bine wrapped around a set of planetary gears:

Tatt in progress:



For some reason, I had trouble getting the finished tattoo pic uploaded. I'll try again later.

__________________

-------------------------------------
Jill Mc

Bedlam is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2012, 09:42 PM   #3
kh54s10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tiverton, Rhode Island
Posts: 6,392
Liked 551 Times on 467 Posts
Likes Given: 150

Default

What will that tattoo look like when you are 90?

If you gain weight will the hops look like large pine cones?

Personally I can't figure out the attraction to tattoos. I have pictures on the wall but if I get bored with them I can easily take one down and put up another!

__________________
kh54s10 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2012, 01:11 AM   #4
Darwin18
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Darwin18's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Garner, NC
Posts: 4,007
Liked 649 Times on 468 Posts
Likes Given: 385

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kh54s10
What will that tattoo look like when you are 90?

If you gain weight will the hops look like large pine cones?

Personally I can't figure out the attraction to tattoos. I have pictures on the wall but if I get bored with them I can easily take one down and put up another!
Why even bother posting? Don't like tattoos then don't get one. personally I can't figure why someone would post in a thread with nothing useful to add.

To the OP, I'm considering a similar design.
__________________
BJCP #F0684 - Certified
Darwin18 is offline
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2012, 01:26 AM   #5
Pommy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Auckland, NZ
Posts: 727
Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedlam View Post
My husband's tattoo is a hop bine wrapped around a set of planetary gears:

Tatt in progress:

That's looking good and I like the style.
__________________
Pommy is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2012, 01:32 AM   #6
kh54s10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tiverton, Rhode Island
Posts: 6,392
Liked 551 Times on 467 Posts
Likes Given: 150

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin18 View Post
Why even bother posting? Don't like tattoos then don't get one. personally I can't figure why someone would post in a thread with nothing useful to add.

To the OP, I'm considering a similar design.
Maybe to dissuade someone from marring their body for life. Or not even that much. but to make people think more about what they are going to do.

And I will NOT be getting any tattoos!
And I do think my reply was useful, if not so tactful.
__________________
kh54s10 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2012, 01:44 AM   #7
Pommy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Auckland, NZ
Posts: 727
Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

Respectfully and tactfully, what I want to do with my body is my own business. I already have a few tattoos and have never regretted getting any of them, as they have a lot of meaning to me. If you will NOT be getting any tattoos then that is your business and I respect that, but please refrain from hijacking my thread by making it become a debate about whether or not people should get tattoos. I would have asked if I wanted advice on whether I should get (another) one or not rather than asking for examples that relate to the type I am looking to get. I expect that you wouldn't appreciate anyone forcing their opinions on the evils of beer and alcohol upon you.

Cheers,

__________________
Pommy is offline
jangelj Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2012, 01:46 AM   #8
PagodaBrewingCo
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: victoria, British Columbia
Posts: 54
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default

The difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people don't judge those who aren't tattooed.

Looking good. To Op. Best of luck with your design and artist.

__________________
PagodaBrewingCo is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2012, 01:54 AM   #9
kh54s10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tiverton, Rhode Island
Posts: 6,392
Liked 551 Times on 467 Posts
Likes Given: 150

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pommy View Post
Respectfully and tactfully, what I want to do with my body is my own business. I already have a few tattoos and have never regretted getting any of them, as they have a lot of meaning to me. If you will NOT be getting any tattoos then that is your business and I respect that, but please refrain from hijacking my thread by making it become a debate about whether or not people should get tattoos. I would have asked if I wanted advice on whether I should get (another) one or not rather than asking for examples that relate to the type I am looking to get. I expect that you wouldn't appreciate anyone forcing their opinions on the evils of beer and alcohol upon you.

Cheers,
I don't think I was "forcing" my opinion.

But, I apologize and now exit.
__________________
kh54s10 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2012, 10:38 AM   #10
dfc
Audio Engineer/Instructor
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dfc's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 3,038
Liked 196 Times on 166 Posts
Likes Given: 121

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kh54s10 View Post
What will that tattoo look like when you are 90?

If you gain weight will the hops look like large pine cones?

Personally I can't figure out the attraction to tattoos. I have pictures on the wall but if I get bored with them I can easily take one down and put up another!
What will your skin look like when you're 90? Yours will be boring and wrinkly. Mine will be colorful and wrinkly. That's such a stupid question that never needs to be asked.

__________________

Kegged: Beer
Bottled: Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer.
Primary: Beer
Secondary: Beer

How to brew extract (with pictures!)

How to brew extract (Video)

Simple bottling process

dfc is offline
jangelj Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First Tattoo CoalCracker General Chit Chat 47 07-27-2012 07:45 AM
Looking for a tattoo designer?? flyweed General Chit Chat 8 12-18-2009 05:22 AM
My New Tattoo wedge421 General Chit Chat 5 05-06-2008 05:51 PM
Tattoo? Yooper General Chit Chat 95 03-06-2007 05:37 PM
The new Tattoo Pumbaa General Chit Chat 17 04-24-2006 08:23 PM