Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Homebrewing video game in development

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2013, 11:23 PM   #31
JRems
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 58 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Very cool. I would love to test out the prototype when it's ready

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 12:29 AM   #32
seandanger
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn_Bill View Post
Do you make your own beer recipes in the game? Or are there built-in recipes, or both? It may be good to have some built in recipes for someone who plays, likes beer, but hasn't started homebrewing (yet) and has no idea how to create a recipe.
It does have built in recipes, and you can also modify them, but the recipe system is no longer actually based on real ingredients. In an early version, I had created an actual homebrew calculator that used real data from ingredients in order to calculate all the vitals of your beer, like ABV, OG, FG, SRM, etc. You would choose ingredients, when to add them, and how much to add in real measurements. Unfortunately it ended up being a little too complicated for most people to actually enjoy, the recipe editor was 7 pages long. The system in use now is (similar to some other games) a 3x3 grid in which you place ingredients. If you guess (or know) a proper combination, then you will create a recipe. I think this ends up being more fun and easier to use -- the editor is only a single page now. Here's an example:

So most of the recipes you'll get are built in, but you can change the recipes too. In the blank spots of the grid, you can add your own ingredients -- some that award more XP for your characters, some that add certain flavors that a customer or festival might be looking for, etc.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:27 AM   #33
MetallHed
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 44

This looks pretty cool. Do you have a release date on the horizon?

My Fermentation Chiller Steel Horse Brew Labels

Old 01-20-2013, 10:03 AM   #34
zach1288
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I would love to play this when It comes out.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:59 AM   #35
Adeering
Recipes 

Liked 45 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Nice, I applaud your creativity and a little jealous. As another android/app developer (in my free time, I made the android BrewAide App) I have attempted several games, but have never been able to finish do to lack of help with the graphics. If you need a tester for Android, Id be more than willing to test and give any feedback from the things I have learned.

I like what Im seeing now and feel like you have simplified it enough to be enjoyable to everyone but still keep the essence of brewing in it. It kinda reminds me of the restaurant waitress game in play style, which i always loved and was addicted to. Best of luck

Kegged: Aphrodite's Potion
Bottled: None
Next Brews: Apple Pie, Pumpkin Ale, Unknown

Old 01-20-2013, 11:51 AM   #36
Antler
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts

Sounds like a great game can't wait to try it!

Will the brewing be realistic? What mean is, will the player have to mash in, hold mash temps, sparge, etc. Might be a little complicated for people who don't know how to brew, just curious!

Old 01-20-2013, 12:19 PM   #37
sfrisby
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 11 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 215 Times on 147 Posts

[QUOTE=To keep it more real, the character should be a slightly portly middle aged guy..[/QUOTE]

With a beard!!!!

Old 01-20-2013, 01:53 PM   #38
BobbiLynn
Recipes 

Liked 791 Times on 539 Posts
Likes Given: 389

Sounds interesting! The more the player would learn about actually brewing beer in real life, the more I would like it. I remember a zoo game I got for my kids when they were little, had to run a little zoo. But the kids also learned about different types of animals in the process and the habitats they live in/foods they like. I even learned quite a bit from that silly game!!! If the game could get non-brewers interested in brewing and even teach them a bit about it, the more successful you will be, IMO.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:49 PM   #39
Conan
Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Have you heard of a game called Fish Tycoon? It's rather similar in concept, except you run a pet store that only sells fish. Breed them, upgrade tanks, etc. It's a really dumb game you'd never tell your friends you're obsessed with, but it's addicting and a TON of fun. Your idea seems to follow that concept, and I'd love to spend way too much time on it. I'm a big fan of dynasty/ micro management games. Kyle

Old 01-22-2013, 05:29 PM   #40
seandanger
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetallHed View Post
This looks pretty cool. Do you have a release date on the horizon?
Thank you! We're going to launch a kickstarter campaign in the coming weeks in order to raise funding for the android version and extra features. If that goes well and all the extras get funded, then we're looking at June 2013. If it doesn't get funded, then we'll release ASAP on the iPhone / iPod touch and then add additional platforms if it does well there.

So, as early as March, and as late as June. I'm hoping later rather than sooner so it can have extra features and art!

Quick Reply