Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Homebrewing video game in development

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2013, 10:31 PM   #21
reverendj1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 86 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 113

So would this be more like a sim game, or would there be some sort of action? i.e. you could have a minigame when you are brewing and you have to spray your boilovers, until you get the right equipment. When you start bottling, the bottles could come down a line and you have to push a button to cap each one as they go, etc.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 10:32 PM   #22
seandanger
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscax View Post
If you ever played "game dev story" this would be an excellent format to follow or at least get ideas from. I would totally go for a game like this!
I have played Game Dev Story and I loved it! I've made a point not to play it since I came up with this idea so as not to get a little "too inspired" from it. But you'll definitely recognize some similarities -- you hire employees, and they all work on a project at the same time. Most other things, such as choosing your projects (beer recipes), and how to market your product are pretty different than it that game, though.

Old 01-10-2013, 10:34 PM   #23
seandanger
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmytheGeek View Post
This sounds like a great story line, being a fan of quest-based games. Perhaps we'll see you in the Humble Indie Bundle at some time with your PC/Mac/Linux version, which can totally sync with the mobile version to maintain continuity of the game across platforms?!
Thanks a lot. It would, of course, be completely life changing to have a game make it to the HIB. That's a long shot though. I'll be over the moon if our company makes enough money from the mobile version just to break even That would mean I get to continue making games independently instead of having to find a job in order to pay back my business debt!

Old 01-10-2013, 10:37 PM   #24
seandanger
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverendj1 View Post
So would this be more like a sim game, or would there be some sort of action? i.e. you could have a minigame when you are brewing and you have to spray your boilovers, until you get the right equipment. When you start bottling, the bottles could come down a line and you have to push a button to cap each one as they go, etc.
Right now it's strictly a sim game. I've given thought to adding minigames and you have some great ideas for a couple there. Right now I'm planning on not adding them in, in order to limit the scope of the project and to focus on the sim element. One thing I am thinking of having though, is during the brewing, coins or other loot spawn in the room and you can tap them to grab them. Just something to pass the time while you're waiting for your brew to complete (which is no longer than ~40 seconds in any case).

Old 01-10-2013, 11:08 PM   #25
terrapinj
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 167 Times on 124 Posts
Likes Given: 533

would love to try this out and offer feedback - great concept

Old 01-11-2013, 03:02 PM   #26
Capn_Bill
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I was just reading about The Alchemist's Heady Topper DIPA (#1 on Beer Advocate) and how that's all they brew because it's so popular. They had other brews, but now all they're producing is Heady Topper and are at capacity. Pretty fascinating. Seems like they found their Brewprint. http://www.alchemistbeer.com/

They've increased production, but I'm sure you don't want to get too big, too fast and suffer the fate of Pete's Wicked.

These scenarios would be fun to play out in a realistic game.

Old 01-11-2013, 03:12 PM   #27
Capn_Bill
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Do you make your own beer recipes in the game? Or are there built-in recipes, or both? It may be good to have some built in recipes for someone who plays, likes beer, but hasn't started homebrewing (yet) and has no idea how to create a recipe.

I find myself playing with my iBrewmaster like it's a game, just by changing all-grain or extract recipes to partial mash.

Old 01-11-2013, 03:35 PM   #28
MindenMan
Recipes 

Liked 241 Times on 180 Posts
Likes Given: 38

I agree with the poster; no princess, no dragon, but how about beautiful brewery assistant, and soon to be ex-wife? Because the older portly guy is losing his marriage to to his obsession of brewing beer, and the hottie assistant is making advances towards Mr. Portly, and he is going through a mid-life crisis wondering if he can boff the hottie.

Okay, a little out there I know, but somebody had to say it.

Old 01-15-2013, 06:26 PM   #29
chriscax
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Hey let me know if you need a beta tester.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:32 PM   #30
Joker

Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Don't forget to add that your brewer must log into HBT for "X" number of hours to research brewing systems, recipes, and the "paid supporter" areas.

Quick Reply