Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > "Homebrewing" mentioned on the colony.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2010, 02:12 PM   #1
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2747 Times on 1648 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Default "Homebrewing" mentioned on the colony.

I've been watching season 2 of the colony, (although I hate this annoying cast with survival skills of gnats) online. And on episode 7 our hobby gets a mention. One of the cast members, Michael, evidently hopmebrews and decides to make a batch of alcohol to power their escape boat motor.

You can watch it here http://greenshieldintl.com/the-colon...7-tick-972010/

They're distilling, but still it is cool to hear homebrewing mentioned.

How many of us would have gotten something fermenting for our consumption immediately? I'd be trying to malt barley to make beer for calories from day one, let alone fermenting any fruitjuice so we'd have any liquid that we wouldn't have to always worry about water.

Or alcohol for molotov cocktails at least.

But this cast worries more about electing someone as president, and whining about graffiti on their boat, then survival.

We've talked about in the zombie threads how important fermentation would be for our survival....if anything we can set ourselves up as "kings of the sacred barleywater" and trade beer for nubile slave women to help re-populate the planet.

But this cast won't be kings....they will be food. (except for the supermodel.)

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2010, 03:03 PM   #2
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 838 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 1105

Fermentation would be one of my priorities if I was ever faced with the end of civilization as we know it. Not so much for me to get drunk, but because it would be a guaranteed way to save myself from having to use bullets on people to make friends.

Revvy Likes This 
Old 09-27-2010, 03:12 PM   #3
TxBrew
Der Administrator
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 1805 Times on 582 Posts
Likes Given: 866

That's cool. I've only caught a couple of episodes this year, so I'm going to have to go back and catch up.

Old 09-27-2010, 03:26 PM   #4
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBrew View Post
That's cool. I've only caught a couple of episodes this year, so I'm going to have to go back and catch up.
For some reason, the discovery channel has been negligent in putting the last 4 episodes up onlne to watch. So today I googled and found some host bootleg sites to play catchup.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 09-27-2010, 07:39 PM   #5
maxamuus
Recipes 

Liked 62 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Thanks for posting the link. I had been watching it on Comcast on demand and they likewise posted all the episodes till 6 and then quit. Glad to see the ones i missed and i think the finale is on tomorrow night.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:11 PM   #6
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamuus View Post
Thanks for posting the link. I had been watching it on Comcast on demand and they likewise posted all the episodes till 6 and then quit. Glad to see the ones i missed and i think the finale is on tomorrow night.
All the episodes including number 9 are available online in one place or another. I found each of them by typing it "The Colony Season 2 Episode #watch online"

And they were all there.

Quick Reply