Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Homebrew Muscle

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2007, 07:48 AM   #11
Orfy
For the love of beer!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 68 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Nice motors.

I used to have a ford pop with a buick small block. I had to sell it before it was on the road. I was a teenager and no one would insure me for less than my mortgage payments. All steel shell, chopped and channelled.

(This one is not mine)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2007, 01:47 PM   #12
Hopfan
Nice Beaver....

Recipes 

John, that is one sweet ride. Good luck on the goat, that is one of my ultimate dream cars but they just can't be found anymore unless you want to pay $30k for one that someone is restoring or $7k for a complete basket case. There is a 70 GTO down the street from me. It's cliche, but it's sitting next to a barn, on a farm, and has been there for at least 11 years. I asked the man who owns it and he said he'll never sell it. It was his very first car and he doesn't want to see anyone else in it. So there it rots, never to see the road again.

You'll probably crap yourself, but I got the 67 bird for $200!!! Then I sold the widetrack rims & tires and a few other misc extra parts that were in it, for about $1,000 on eBay. The Muscle Gods were smiling on me that day.

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out, though I'm in no position to buy anything right now. I have also had good luck finding repro parts at paddockparts.com & classicindustries.com I'm not going to do a historical resto. This will be a driver resto because I think you have to be able to drive these things to appreciate them.

Zip ties are the duct tape of the 21st century

Bad Dog Brewing
Sit...Stay

Old 01-11-2007, 01:48 PM   #13
Hopfan
Nice Beaver....

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by orfy
Nice motors.

I used to have a ford pop with a buick small block. I had to sell it before it was on the road. I was a teenager and no one would insure me for less than my mortgage payments. All steel shell, chopped and channelled.

(This one is not mine)

I bet you would kill to get that one back!

Zip ties are the duct tape of the 21st century

Bad Dog Brewing
Sit...Stay

Old 01-11-2007, 02:05 PM   #14
Orfy
For the love of beer!

Recipes 

Liked 68 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 30

I have space now and the insurance on a limited milage would be pocket money. Being an all steel body it would be very sort after now. I had a 4 inch chop and was channelled 3 inch. A Steel hood, trunk and doors. It had a small block Buick (Rover V8), ford back end and an old MG independent front end.
It originally had a big block and was an old 70s dragster, I bought it from a scrappy minus, floor, bulkhead, interior and engine.
I got the car and a rover V8 from a scrap yard for £100. A further £200 got it drivable. But then I got an insurance quote and ran out of Money. I also had no where to garage it. So I sold it for £250 and bought a triumph vitesse. Straight six 2l (122 cu).

I now drive one of these.

Last edited by Orfy; 01-11-2007 at 02:13 PM.

Old 01-11-2007, 02:18 PM   #15
Dude
Will work for beer

Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Holy crap johnsma22, those are awesome pics! Good job!

I've been wanting a Charger or a Cuda for as long as I can remember. Guess those dreams are long gone with the prices now, but maybe luck will find me with somethign in bad shape that I can fix up.

Cool thread.

Up Next: Smoked Porter -- Pub Ale -- Watermelon Wheat
Planning:
Gone But Not Forgotten:

www.IronOrrBrewery.com

Old 01-11-2007, 02:55 PM   #16
Boston

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I've got a 1966 Pontiac GTO hardtop. Martinique Bronze, black vinyl top, black interior. 389 cubic inches, 360 HP, Tri-Power ("six pack" to you MOPAR guys), PS, PB, AC, TH-350. There's a pic in my gallery if anyone's interested.

Old 01-11-2007, 03:14 PM   #17
Boston

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

BTW, a few interesting things I found in my GTO when I bought it in '88: a vial of cocaine, .22 shells, build sheet, 1968 Willie Stargell baseball card.

Old 01-11-2007, 03:35 PM   #18
Dude
Will work for beer

Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSTONBREWIN'
BTW, a few interesting things I found in my GTO when I bought it in '88: a vial of cocaine, .22 shells, build sheet, 1968 Willie Stargell baseball card.
LOL! All that is prolly worth more than the car (assuming you got it as a bad shape fixxer-upper)!!
Up Next: Smoked Porter -- Pub Ale -- Watermelon Wheat
Planning:
Gone But Not Forgotten:

www.IronOrrBrewery.com

Old 01-11-2007, 04:01 PM   #19
Ize

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Awesome rides guys.

I keep looking at cars and would love to have a project as well, but there just is no time right now.

First car was a '69 Olds Cutlass S that I bought for $325 bucks and my dad and I rebuilt. (Ok, he did the majority of the work. ) It was totally stock. Left the body on the frame but yanked everything else. Expanded the block just a bit, put a beefier cam in it. He had the same concerns about turning his 16 year old loose with a totally fresh 350 with a 4bbl, so he left the 2bbl on. Dumped the 2 speed tranny for a 3 speed turbo hydro. I'll have to find a pic or two of that thing, because it turned out nice.

Idiot kid that I was, sold it for $2500, bought a '67 Chevelle ragtop that I never could get to run right, and that was the end of my adventures in muscle cars. I'd still like to get another one for my boys tho... Pontiac or a Mopar...

Ize

Sig to re-open when it's less of an embarassment
What I do for a living on the web... www.wsoyam.com

Old 01-11-2007, 06:18 PM   #20
johnsma22

Recipes 

Liked 32 Times on 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopfan
John, that is one sweet ride. Good luck on the goat, that is one of my ultimate dream cars but they just can't be found anymore unless you want to pay $30k for one that someone is restoring or $7k for a complete basket case. There is a 70 GTO down the street from me. It's cliche, but it's sitting next to a barn, on a farm, and has been there for at least 11 years. I asked the man who owns it and he said he'll never sell it. It was his very first car and he doesn't want to see anyone else in it. So there it rots, never to see the road again.

You'll probably crap yourself, but I got the 67 bird for $200!!! Then I sold the widetrack rims & tires and a few other misc extra parts that were in it, for about $1,000 on eBay. The Muscle Gods were smiling on me that day.

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out, though I'm in no position to buy anything right now. I have also had good luck finding repro parts at paddockparts.com & classicindustries.com I'm not going to do a historical resto. This will be a driver resto because I think you have to be able to drive these things to appreciate them.
Thanks for the compliment! It really has been a labor of love. Just for the record, none of the cars I have restored or ever will restore will be concourse, historically correct restorations. No trailer queens here! I like the word "restorification". Cross between restoration and modification.

$200 for a 67 Bird is a steal!!!! Nice find! The link I provided to the PY forum is the greatest place on earth to learn about all things Pontiac. I've never ordered parts from Paddock, but I have had good luck with Classic Industries. Another place that you may want to check out when the time comes to get some parts for your Pontiac is Ames Performance Engineering. They are great people to deal with and have great prices. They are located in NH and you can save on shipping to PA, as opposed to Classic Ind. in CA.

John

Quick Reply