Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Hockey Fans

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2012, 01:22 PM   #1
iagmc
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Default Hockey Fans

How are you cooping with the lock out?

Is there a feed for pond hockey on the net that you are watching?

From the alternatives i have found on the net, AHL is not web cast. The USHL is web cast but you basically get to watch the score board monitor for $8 per game. Also the USHL use to be more of a beer league. it seems more like a JR College league now and not physical enough. I remember when the fought hard for the puck, now they empathize Respect, blah blah blah.

I would like to watch college games but can't seem to find them on Roku. I don't see how satellite is work the 60/month.

What are you all doing?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2012, 03:45 PM   #2
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 1960 Times on 1418 Posts
Likes Given: 1071

I'm busy. Kid in college first year. We go to the home football games. She plays in the band. She is now signed up for the pep band, and I was so excited until I found out it's the basketball band. At least she gets paid something to do it.

I've gone to Ferris Bulldog hockey games so far. Plan to go to Griffins games once things slow down with Football. Ferris broadcasts their hockey through a website, but it's not that great and costs $8. Forget that!

I've watched a bit of KHL games, etc. on the Dish, but really I have been too busy doing other things to miss it that much. Before I would choose to watch RW hockey rather than do this or that. This year I feel I'm better off.

If I could get free or nearly free Griffins games online, and the quality was decent, I'd probably watch. Maybe even pay $2 each. Ferris games are so few and far between I don't mind paying the $12-14 and drive 12 minutes to watch in person. They are more crowded this year after last year's NCAA Finals Showing. That won't happen again this year unless they can find a way to stop splitting the weekend.

Old 11-14-2012, 03:59 PM   #3
mb82
Recipes 

Liked 44 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Why do I feel like I answered this question already today? Maybe somewhere else?

Hockey channel is keeping me relatively sane.

Primary: Chesterfield wild(1 gal), Schepen
Bottled: SMASH, Chesterfield Wild, Summer In Sommelsdijk, Dog Days Saison
Up coming beers:

Old 11-14-2012, 09:35 PM   #4
todd_k

Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 2

trying to get to a college game in January...UMass Lowell vs. UVM.

Primary:
Secondary:
Conditioning:
Kegged: Smoked Porter

Old 11-14-2012, 09:51 PM   #5
KayaBrew
Recipes 

Liked 118 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 92

OHL, AHL, and the ECAC Tourney will be played in Lake Placid in March 2014. I have a great hookup for free tickets!

"...Careful, man...there's a beverage here!..."

Old 11-14-2012, 09:54 PM   #6
IPTVEng
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Luckily I have two WHL teams really close to me and 4 if I want to do a 1-3 hour road trip. It's decent hockey, not NHL but not bad. Lots of the kids are drafted already to NHL teams so there is some really good talent here. Playing twice a week helps too. :-)

Old 11-14-2012, 10:04 PM   #7
ICWiener
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 95 Times on 81 Posts
Likes Given: 18

I'm not watching anything except for the odd NCAA game here and there. I'm kinda pissed this time around. The last lockout was a huge bummer...none the less, when hockey started up I came back with open arms. But this time, I'm just....ugh. The owners fought and kicked and cried until they got their "cost certainty" last time. They then proceeded to loophole the sh*t out of their own rules, giving out 14 year cap-circumventing contracts (not to mention negotiating them in bad faith over the past few months leading up to this lockout). And now they shut it all down again? Get your sh*t together, NHL. Greedy, dumb SOBs.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:14 PM   #8
LTownLiquorPig
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 196

I'm a 34 year old Canadian, who has watched 50-100 televised games a year for probably 10 years, and at least a game a week for the 17 years or so before thet. I can honestly say that I don't miss it yet. My beer league is all I need.

The Boss is happy too, we're caught up on our PVR'd shows so far this fall......

Don't even break it out if you ain't gonna share.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:58 PM   #9
KayaBrew
Recipes 

Liked 118 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 92

In addition to my earlier post, I just watched "A King's Ransom" from the ESPN 30 for 30 series. It was an hour-long film documentary about the Gretzky trade by Peter Pocklington, the former Edmonton Oilers owner to Bruce McNall's LA Kings in the summer of 1988. I was a hockey player between my junior and senior years in HS and that trade (and Gretzky in general) had a profound impact on my life.

"...Careful, man...there's a beverage here!..."

Old 11-15-2012, 12:00 AM   #10
LTownLiquorPig
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 196

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayaBrew View Post
In addition to my earlier post, I just watched "A King's Ransom" from the ESPN 30 for 30 series. It was an hour-long film documentary about the Gretzky trade by Peter Pocklington, the former Edmonton Oilers owner to Bruce McNall's LA Kings in the summer of 1988. I was a hockey player between my junior and senior years in HS and that trade (and Gretzky in general) had a profound impact on my life.
A great book on the trade is "Gretzky's Tears" by Stephen Brunt. Paints a little different picture of the inside of the trade..... A great read.

This brings up something else I'll probably do in this lockout winter; read some hockey books!

Don't even break it out if you ain't gonna share.

Quick Reply