Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Hey, I found a northern brewer $10 gift certificate.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2008, 12:45 AM   #1
Donasay
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Default Hey, I found a northern brewer $10 gift certificate.

Hey guys, I found a $10 northern brewer gift certificate with some of my old brewing receipts it is from back in February 08 when they royally messed up one of my orders. After calling them, they made good on the order and sent me out the correct stuff fairly quickly (good customer service) and apparently along with the new receipt they included a $10 gift certificate that I completely forgot about.

I haven't ordered from them since, but the gift certificate is making me think I should give them another shot, I mean hey it is a free $10 right. So what does $10 buy you these days? Not much after shipping, any ideas?

No matter how rich you are, you can still only drink 16 or 17 liters of beer a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quixotic View Post
The true definition of an addiction: not stopping even when a dog is having his way with you.:D
http://www.solutionsinmetal.com/

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2008, 01:05 AM   #2
Bokonon
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

I think their shipping is 7.99 flat rate, so you could get a packet of dry yeast for free

Old 10-27-2008, 01:07 AM   #3
Donasay
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

If a company can't put a packet of dry yeast in an envelope and affix a postage stamp for less than $7.99 I feel sorry for their business model.

No matter how rich you are, you can still only drink 16 or 17 liters of beer a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quixotic View Post
The true definition of an addiction: not stopping even when a dog is having his way with you.:D
http://www.solutionsinmetal.com/

Old 10-27-2008, 09:24 PM   #4
Edcculus
Recipes 

Liked 41 Times on 38 Posts

The 7.99 flat rate shipping has deterred me from ordering any dry yeast from them. I get all of my grain cheaper at LHBS. They don't carry a good variety of dry yeast though.

Quick Reply