Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Here's your chance to Microbrew!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2009, 02:11 PM   #1
Sea
Green Flash IPA on tap
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default Here's your chance to Microbrew!

Couldn't tell if this guy's sane or not, but found the add amusing.

http://medford.craigslist.org/bfs/1444837149.html

Corrupt Brewers

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2009, 02:23 PM   #2
The Pol
Recipes 

Liked 54 Times on 51 Posts

$75000?

$50,000 a month?

That looks like a homebrewing setup.

Old 11-01-2009, 02:27 PM   #3
ibrewit

Recipes 

I vote for not sane.

Old 11-01-2009, 02:34 PM   #4
mcstout
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I also vote for not sane. But, that would be sweet to have.

Old 11-01-2009, 02:35 PM   #5
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Liked 2733 Times on 1640 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Looks like another turnkey brewing system that didn't make them any money (because most of them are really just glorified and hugely expensive Mr Beer machines, for bars and resteraunts that want to capitalize on the microbrewery "craze" without actually being passionate about brewing, and don't really want to do the work. They just buy the extract kits and add water and follow the instructions and make "beer."

Often with bad instructions not too different from the worst kit instructions that tell you to bottle after 7 days and drink a week later.

The fact that these things pop up used for sale so often, is a testament to the success of these endeavors.

Notice how it begins talking about the "potential profit generation" and not "makes quality beer." That kinda shows you to whom these systems are geared to.

I googled "This Renaissance Brewing system " and found one link buried deep in a restaurant supply website, and not on any brewing sites.....and that link was no longer working anyway. Which leads me to believe that "Renaissance Brewing systems" is no longer in business, and this poor sucker is trying to unload this albatross, to some unsuspecting bar owner or restaurateur.

I love how he says "If you think this is a bad idea...ask Mike or Brian McMenamin in Portland what they think. " I don't know much about the McMenamin chain of brewpubs, so I can't vouch for the quality of THEIR beers, to know if that is really a good recommendation or not.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 11-01-2009, 02:39 PM   #6
farmbrewernw
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

That is a sweet set up, come on guys I'm totally sure i could make $50k a month with that. In all seriousness you could buy a used 30bbl brewhouse for what he wants. You don't get rich being a brewery typically, this guy is a nut job.

I'm working as a pro now, but that doesn't mean I'm not still homebrewing. I'm going to see if I can homebrew at work as a way to develop new recipes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymurgrafi
wow, tha more I drink, tha more cohernet you all are!
and stufffff.

Old 11-01-2009, 02:48 PM   #7
Revvy

Recipes 

These threads pop up every time one of these systems goes on the market, or when one of our members stumbles onto a place that just declared themselves a micro brewery or brewpub, and they go in and the beer sux....they do a little digging and it's usually one of thse systems.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f19/loca...ey-suck-71220/

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/new-...7/#post1028454

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 11-01-2009, 02:55 PM   #8
Revvy

Recipes 

Here's a PDF of one of the turnkey systems out there. If you want to see how they are marketed to the unwary....

http://www.addabrewpub.com/brewpub.pdf

Old 11-01-2009, 03:12 PM   #9
farmbrewernw
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The thing that kills me is that they say you should ask the McMenamin brothers what they think of it and I know they don't use stuff like that. I'm assuming that is a Malt Extract system and they don't do extract systems.

I'm working as a pro now, but that doesn't mean I'm not still homebrewing. I'm going to see if I can homebrew at work as a way to develop new recipes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymurgrafi
wow, tha more I drink, tha more cohernet you all are!
and stufffff.

Old 11-01-2009, 03:14 PM   #10
The Pol
Recipes 

Liked 54 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmbrewernw View Post
The thing that kills me is that they say you should ask the McMenamin brothers what they think of it and I know they don't use stuff like that. I'm assuming that is a Malt Extract system and they don't do extract systems.
If it is an extract system, why are there so many vessels?

Quick Reply