Help me decide

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do I brew, or do I go fishing?

• Brew/watch game/drink beer

• Go fishing/listen to game/drink beer

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bernie Brewer

Grouchy Old Fart
Reaction score
OK, Saturday is coming, I'll have absolutely nothing I need to do, so I can do what I WANT to do. what to do??????

I have enough ingredients lying around to make ten gallons of Ed's Haus Ale. I could brew that and watch the Marquette/W. VA game,

OR, I could go drill some holes in the ice and drown a few minnows, and listen to the game on the radio.

Each choice would involve a few brews, so that part is moot. Each choice seems equally inviting, and I can't decide. HELP!

EDIT: I brew outside, so the weather (below zero wind chill) is not a factor.

Considering this is a beer brewing site, I suspect most of the replies will be to brew. I say brew. Which option don't you have the time to do the most?

For me it would depend on how much homebrew you have in stock, if your well stocked go fishing and you can brew next time, if your low brew it now.

Could you posibally take a propane burner & the pot onto the ice with yuh?
Beer Check
Brewing Check
Game on Check
Ice Fishing Check

Maybe brew some trout slayer or something?

Could you posibally take a propane burner & the pot onto the ice with yuh?
Beer Check
Brewing Check
Game on Check
Ice Fishing Check

Maybe brew some trout slayer or something?

I was thinking the same thing. Brew on the ice. Chilling wort should be pretty quick.

I voted for fishing just because why the hell not. But which one do you do more often? do the other!

I know you think I said brew- but I did NOT! You need to go up to Shawano Lake and get some perch. There were about 200 shanties out there last Saturday, and many trucks, and I thought- ah! Bet the panfish are biting!

Go fishing. Brew on Sunday!

I would get out early, do some fishing, go home, brew a batch and watch the game, the go out before dark and fish again. The best of both worlds.:mug:

All other things being equal, you should always choose brew! And since the other things are equal ( you'll drink beer, you'll freeze your a$$ off) , I would brew for sure.:drunk:

It may be heresy, but I say go ice fishing. You can brew all year long, but only ice fish (it seems) 4 or 5 months a year. Besides, it's amusing to think that somewhere there's a Southerner asking, "When you say 'drive' onto the ice, you really mean 'walk', right?"

Brewing on the lake would give you *lots* of water for the chiller though.

Back