Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Help Me!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2005, 03:02 PM   #11
DeRoux's Broux
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Ale
My wife totally supports the brewing, and she loves the way the house smells when the hops are added. Just Thursday she brewed her first batch....Honey Wheat. We Racked into secondary yesterday, Has a wonderful smell, Taste great. I have always made strong hoppy ales in the past, but hopefully this will be a beer we both can enjoy. Does anyones wife like a certain homebrew? If so what kind?
well, i just kegged an amber cerveza for my wife, and she likes some of the brews. she doesn't care for the my big, hoppy beers. she likes the german styles: vienna, bock, dunkel. i've brewed her honey wheats, Texas bocks, etc. she also likes my coffee porter and asked me just yesterday about an oatmeal stout. she's a beautiful babe with damn good tatse in beer!
and she has commented on the hobby, but in an awesome way. she likes the fact that i'm not off hunting every weekend in winter, or taking the $20,000 bay boat fishing w/ my buds on every nice weekend (not that their is anything wrong with either hobby, just $$$$$). it's a good hooby that allows an escape from our crazy, hectic work lives and to express our artful, creative side......AND GET A DAMN GOD BUZZ!!! WOO-HOO!
she never complains about me buying stuff either. i just keep her in the loop before i drop some coin on anything big. she does the same for me.

Cheers!
DeRoux's Broux

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2005, 12:50 AM   #12
Kephren

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

My wife doesn't mind the hobby. She does mind the mess it makes and she didn't like the smell when I used to brew inside. She doesn't drink beer, so she can't appreciate it. We did make a wine a while ago, which she helped with and now enjoys drinking.

My other hobby is my motorcycle. She also doesn't like that. She doesn't understand why I "needed" to get new louder pipes. Unfortunately, I can't enjoy both hobbies at the same time. Brewing takes all day, so no riding on brew day and I don't think I even need to get into riding a bike after drinking :P

Old 06-14-2005, 01:13 AM   #13
SwAMi75

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kephren
My wife doesn't mind the hobby. She does mind the mess it makes and she didn't like the smell when I used to brew inside. She doesn't drink beer, so she can't appreciate it. We did make a wine a while ago, which she helped with and now enjoys drinking.

My other hobby is my motorcycle. She also doesn't like that. She doesn't understand why I "needed" to get new louder pipes. Unfortunately, I can't enjoy both hobbies at the same time. Brewing takes all day, so no riding on brew day and I don't think I even need to get into riding a bike after drinking :P
The bike is another one of my hobbies. She tolerates it, too....loud pipes and all. I'm hoping to get a touring bike in the future so we can ride together more. If she's not interested, I'll buy (or build) a rigid chopper.
Gone unsung for far too long

Quick Reply