08-21-2007, 03:55 PM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Poo-Poo Land
Liked 33 Times on 22 Posts
HBT saves humanity
Ways to become a better person.
- Tip 20% of the post-tax total. It's an extra buck or two to a person who's working on a Friday night.
- Compliment people each day. Whether it's their clothing, jewelry, perfume, etc. Goes for men and women.
- Instead of bitching about someone who's not pulling their weight, see if you can figure out what's holding them back.
- Don't use "um" in conversations.
- Laugh at yourself before laughing at others.
- Use a reusable cup for coffee and water instead of disposables.
- Don't undervalue someone's job just because you think you're at a higher status.
- Teach someone something new each day.
- Hold the door open.
- Let people pass you in traffic. Let someone in, even if they've cheated.
- Use your turn signal.
- Walk on the right side of the sidewalk so bikers / joggers can pass. (Does this reverse in other countries?)
- Leave a penny.
- Leave money in the "cause" box near registers.
- Give a homeless person $5, even if you're sure he or she will use it for drugs or booze.
- Thank a police officer.
- Thank a veteran and consider buying their coffee and paper at the drug store.
- Don't be cynical.
- Donate unused stuff rather than tossing it out. It might be a few miles to the donation box, but you're doing everyone a favor.
- If you're legs work, take the parking spot farther away and hope that the close by one goes to someone who's legs don't work as well.
- Say "Thank You" to clerks, even if they're slow.
- Use breath mints liberally.
- Use cologne conservatively.
- Don't make fun of foreigners who smell, talk, or act differently. Think of how alien they feel.
- Mow the lawn or shovel the snow of an elderly neighbor.
- Accept that people like different religions, politicians, foods, movies, sports teams and books. Unless the team is the Packers.
- Let someone else have the last piece of pizza.
- Buy your co-worker coffee or a bagel if you're stopping for one.