HBT Peace Sign?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rossnaree

Reaction score
Just curious here - for as long as I've been around this site, it's always been the beer mug for the symbol, in my favorites as well as on the site. Granted, it's been a couple of days or so since I was last here, but today I click on my favorites and the mug's been replaced by a purple peace sign. Ditto in the address bar, etc. So, as I said, I'm curious -- is it me, or is it the site? And what's the reason?

- Tim

Just curious here - for as long as I've been around this site, it's always been the beer mug for the symbol, in my favorites as well as on the site. Granted, it's been a couple of days or so since I was last here, but today I click on my favorites and the mug's been replaced by a purple peace sign. Ditto in the address bar, etc. So, as I said, I'm curious -- is it me, or is it the site? And what's the reason?

- Tim

I'm using Chrome for my browser, and it's still a beer mug, at least on the tabs and favorites. It's a black and white globe in the actual address bar. Craigslist displays the peace sign however.

I use firefox and it's still the mug for me.

For whatever reason, IE is probably retaining the peace sign from CL.

I saw this a couple of days ago. I had several HBT windows open, and one of them had an odd icon (I use chrome). I did about 3 seconds of investigation and it seemed to be dependant on the particular topic here... can't remember which one.

I think it was an earth symbol, not the peace sign. Might be a chrome default symbol.

OK, I exited, came back on still using IE, now it's back to the mug. I was just wondering for a while there if this place had gone to the - well, whatevers. :) There is balance in the Force again. yeah right. :D

Oh noes, the :fro: Occupy HBT :fro: gang hit us!

While changing our logo to a beatnik sign, they were chanting We Are Joe 6 Pack, We Are the BMC Masses, and demanded we stop brewing great beer when they have to drink swill.

If anyone can get a screen shot I would appreciate it.

Back