Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > HBT NFL '08 thread
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2008, 12:45 AM   #11
ohiobrewtus
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ohiobrewtus's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 7,814
Liked 37 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude View Post
My pre season prediction of the Bears finishing last in the Norris may be in jeopardy.

They looked awesome last night. I don't think the Colts/Manning were firing on all cylinders, but the Bears D never even gave them a chance. If Orton can not lose games for them, they are gonna be tough.

I was impressed with the Cowboys too--although Cleveland might possibly have the worst defense in the league.

I'll tell you--the AFC East is wide the heck open now. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Jets take the division now, although Belicheat will find a way to win it. Speaking of--oh yeah, K-A-R-M-A sucks, eh? I'm sure some of those poor teams that got beat into submission by the run up the score Cheatriots may not have short memories now. That is all I'm saying about that.

The NFC East is TOUGH. Wow, the Eagles looked pretty damn good yesterday, and every game in that division will be a dogfight. I'm predicting right now--the Giants will not even make the playoffs.

Flacco looked great, Ryan looked good, and a couple of rookie RBs had some flashes of exciting times ahead.

My game is tonight...it has been a REALLY long 2 weeks waiting for this one. However, it will be 31-21 Queens. Packers O-lines and D-lines are too beat up, and Rodgers just has too damn much pressure in this game.
HOLY CRAP! IT'S A DUDE SIGHTING! Welcome back, bro!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bird
Well, if you *love* it.... again, note that my A.S.S. has five pounds.
ohiobrewtus is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2008, 12:50 AM   #12
ohiobrewtus
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ohiobrewtus's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 7,814
Liked 37 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by olllllo View Post
That's where your astute prognostications fail. I will prevail.

I also hedged with Berrian.
You hedged Berrian when he's not playing? I'm not scared....
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bird
Well, if you *love* it.... again, note that my A.S.S. has five pounds.
ohiobrewtus is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2008, 12:57 AM   #13
olllllo
[]-O-[]
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
olllllo's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 13,514
Liked 125 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Default

He has 1.55 points.

33 rec yards.

He's a spermhat now.

__________________
Rabbit And Coyote Schwag
Rob - Phoenix Ambassador to Milwaukee
Where did your avatar go?
Ginger Beer for Moscow Mules Bacon Vodka
Twitter
olllllo is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2008, 01:09 AM   #14
ohiobrewtus
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ohiobrewtus's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 7,814
Liked 37 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by olllllo View Post
He has 1.55 points.

33 rec yards.

He's a spermhat now.
That's more than I expected out of him, I heard he was a scratch for tonight's game. Then again, with Tavaris Jackson throwing to him I'm not sure that threre's much of a difference.

Like I said, it all comes down to GB's defense for you.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bird
Well, if you *love* it.... again, note that my A.S.S. has five pounds.
ohiobrewtus is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2008, 01:14 AM   #15
olllllo
[]-O-[]
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
olllllo's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 13,514
Liked 125 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Default

Nail Coffin.

__________________
Rabbit And Coyote Schwag
Rob - Phoenix Ambassador to Milwaukee
Where did your avatar go?
Ginger Beer for Moscow Mules Bacon Vodka
Twitter
olllllo is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2008, 01:22 AM   #16
PseudoChef
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
PseudoChef's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: West Chicago 'Burbs, IL
Posts: 3,423
Liked 102 Times on 75 Posts
Likes Given: 39

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobrewtus View Post
Yup, VY is supposed to be out 2-4 weeks.

I didn't mention THE Ohio State University because this is an NFL thread, but Michigan sucks. Even if OSU get stomped every game from now until the Michigan game, they'll still win. Tressel *owns* michigan.
Having VY out will only make the Titans better. I'm happy and so are a lot of the people I talked to today.
__________________
PseudoChef is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2008, 01:35 AM   #17
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Yooper's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Upper Michigan
Posts: 61,109
Liked 4483 Times on 3261 Posts
Likes Given: 870

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude View Post
My pre season prediction of the Bears finishing last in the Norris may be in jeopardy.

They looked awesome last night. I don't think the Colts/Manning were firing on all cylinders, but the Bears D never even gave them a chance. If Orton can not lose games for them, they are gonna be tough.

I was impressed with the Cowboys too--although Cleveland might possibly have the worst defense in the league.

I'll tell you--the AFC East is wide the heck open now. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Jets take the division now, although Belicheat will find a way to win it. Speaking of--oh yeah, K-A-R-M-A sucks, eh? I'm sure some of those poor teams that got beat into submission by the run up the score Cheatriots may not have short memories now. That is all I'm saying about that.

The NFC East is TOUGH. Wow, the Eagles looked pretty damn good yesterday, and every game in that division will be a dogfight. I'm predicting right now--the Giants will not even make the playoffs.

Flacco looked great, Ryan looked good, and a couple of rookie RBs had some flashes of exciting times ahead.

My game is tonight...it has been a REALLY long 2 weeks waiting for this one. However, it will be 31-21 Queens. Packers O-lines and D-lines are too beat up, and Rodgers just has too damn much pressure in this game.

Welcome back, Dude. I missed ya around here!

I'm liking this game so far- let's hope the Packers can pull this out. I picked the Packers in my pick em league, of course!
__________________
Broken Leg Brewery
Giving beer a leg to stand on since 2006
Yooper is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2008, 07:35 PM   #18
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
the_bird's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Adams, MA
Posts: 20,510
Liked 375 Times on 309 Posts
Likes Given: 99

Default

Welcome back, Dude. What'd you think of your boy Aaron Rodgers last night? I've been fully aboard the Rodger-bandwagon since the first preseason game; he looked really good last night. Wouldn't shock me to see Favre put up better number for the season, but I doubt by much. Rodgers looked poised, in control, seems to be pretty accurate and seems like he's got plenty of arm. Wish I was more aggressive about trying to draft him for FFB!

__________________
Come join Yankee Ingenuity!

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

That'll do, Pigley. That'll do.
the_bird is online now
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2008, 07:45 PM   #19
ohiobrewtus
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ohiobrewtus's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 7,814
Liked 37 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Aaron Rodgers showed that he can lead that team. He didn't have a great stats night, but he didn't buckle under pressure and he made smart plays. Maybe the Packers are still the best team in the NFC North. They sure will look like it after they stomp my Lions next week.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bird
Well, if you *love* it.... again, note that my A.S.S. has five pounds.
ohiobrewtus is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2008, 08:02 PM   #20
Rezilynt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bellingham, Washington
Posts: 784
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default

I haven't seen the Broncos look that good in years. I hope they can keep it up.

__________________

If farmers make wine and engineers make beer, what the hell am I doing here?

Rezilynt is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply



Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another IPA Help Thread michael.berta Recipes/Ingredients 6 03-31-2009 11:17 PM
Another 1st AG pic thread riored4v Home Brewing Photo Forum 8 03-03-2009 01:19 PM
PC help thread RodfatherX HomeBrewTalk Announcements & Feedback 2 06-04-2008 09:02 PM
"Prost" ratings next to thread titles; also, "Skunk This Thread"? Evan! HomeBrewTalk Announcements & Feedback 21 01-11-2008 07:21 PM