The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Have any Reward Points stuck in the sofa?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2010, 05:35 PM   #1
CodeRage
Death by Magumba!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Have any Reward Points stuck in the sofa?

I got an email today from my choice hotel privileges with my points balance. I never use the things so the email just about went to the round bin when I noticed you could exchange points for charitable donations. It works out to be a penny a point. AmEx has a similar program (a little harder to find).

Between the two, I donated $320 to the red cross and it didn't cost me a penny. Something to consider if you're like me and never use the things, its a good way to help with out putting yourself out.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2010, 05:40 PM   #2
Fingers
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 22 Posts

Going to use my points for a free hotel room this summer while I take my BJCP exam. My wife inadvertantly donated 3X as much money to the Red Cross as we thought. The donation is more than the hotel room.

Old 01-21-2010, 06:13 PM   #3
CodeRage
Death by Magumba!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Sorry if I sounded like I was talking from a soap box and telling what people should do with their points. It was something that hadn't occurred to me initially and thought I would share the idea.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:08 PM   #4
david_42

Recipes 

Liked 131 Times on 124 Posts

A good idea, but I never accumulated enough points for anything useful, so I dropped out of all of the programs.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Quick Reply