Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Harmless ways to keep folks on their toes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2012, 01:53 PM   #1
CreamyGoodness
Grows On You Like Yeast
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1600 Times on 1128 Posts
Likes Given: 2635

Default Harmless ways to keep folks on their toes

Another data dump of mindless Monday drivel. I'm trying to keep my mind off the heinous head-cold I have.

Here are a few ways to mess with people that dont involve startling them or causing them physical or emotional pain.

- Get on the highway in New Jersey and get to a point where the toll booths get pretty closely placed. At the first toll booth you go through, pay for the car that comes after you. Don't worry, it'll be cheap. You now have a companion who will follow you for miles trying to figure out how you know him.

- Introduce your young son to people as "Mohandas"

- Order a pizza and ask if you can get two of the little plastic tables in the box instead of one.

- Shave your eyebrows off. This one takes some dedication but it could be worth it if your office is otherwise droll. Coworkers will squint, knowing that something is amiss but quite sure what it is.

- Excitedly ask your kids if you can borrow their Justin Bieber "cassette." The idea here is to make them think YOU think it is "cool." If you do this right, going forward, they will hate Justin Bieber.

- Ask a buddy if you can borrow a dollar. If they agree, take the dollar and say "thanks, Ill give it right back to you". Come back 10 minutes later, and give them back the same dollar. Extra effective if the dollar had a noticable rip or identifying mark upon it. (This one actually happened to me, still no clue what happened...)

- Convince your wife you fantasize about her in carhart overalls and hip waders. If she comes to bed dressed in them, Congrats! Your wife is a sweetheart and you are an asshole.

- Wash out a mayo jar extremely well. Fill with vanilla pudding. Eat with a spoon at the office (SWMBO is another valid target/victim).

- This one is more effective in semi-urban to urban areas, but will work in the country as well. In the kitchen, leave out a crust of bread with a few peppercorns next to it. Less is more. If SWMBO takes the bait she will chastise you for bringing mice into the kitchen, and point out the "droppings". At this time, take one of the peppercorns and pop it into your mouth.
*Warning* this is the one and only time my fiance has ever hit me.

- Order delivery online and in the special requests box add something moronic like "can I get 10 budweiser bottle caps?" or "can the delivery guy sing happy birthday". "Please draw a picture on the box" works too but its been done to death. If your request is fulfilled (and sometimes, believe it or not, it will be trust me) tip well. You are trying to be an idiot, not an asshole.

I think thats enough to get you started. Enjoy.

You are more likely to have a threesome with members of the Japanese women's curling team whilst spinning a plate on your head than you are likely to screw up a batch of JAOM.

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2012, 02:04 PM   #2
nutty_gnome
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 45 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 12

- Wash out a mayo jar extremely well. Fill with vanilla pudding. Eat with a spoon at the office (SWMBO is another valid target/victim).

I like this one A LOT!

N_G
It could be worse.

Old 02-27-2012, 02:13 PM   #3
onthekeg
Recipes 

Liked 73 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I really doubt you can even buy a Bieber cassette. Do your kids even know what one is?

Old 02-27-2012, 02:13 PM   #4
CreamyGoodness
Grows On You Like Yeast
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1600 Times on 1128 Posts
Likes Given: 2635

I dont have kids, but the word "cassette" would be used to remind them of how old you are... really ups your lack of coolness factor...

You are more likely to have a threesome with members of the Japanese women's curling team whilst spinning a plate on your head than you are likely to screw up a batch of JAOM.

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Old 02-27-2012, 02:16 PM   #5
TxBrew
Der Administrator
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 1643 Times on 544 Posts
Likes Given: 832

I shave my eyebrows then draw them back on with a sharpie.

I alternate between surprised and disappointed as my mood fits.

Old 02-27-2012, 02:18 PM   #6
urbanmyth
Recipes 

Liked 55 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 60

Run frantically into a shop on a Sunday, stop in front of the counter, yell, "ARE YOU OPEN ON THURSDAY?" When they say, "Uh...yes," run out of the shop without another word.

Sheldon: If its a brew day, its a good day

raptorvan: it makes the beer so silky smooth its like drinking a glass of giggling angels.

Old 02-27-2012, 02:21 PM   #7
onthekeg
Recipes 

Liked 73 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post
I dont have kids, but the word "cassette" would be used to remind them of how old you are... really ups your lack of coolness factor...
I have kids, but they don't listen to Bieber..

Old 02-27-2012, 02:25 PM   #8
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2994 Times on 2948 Posts
Likes Given: 28

I personally like to order a pizza but ask for it to be cut only into 4 slices because we aren't that hungry.

You can go with 16 slices too because you are really hungry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I was wrong

Old 02-27-2012, 02:28 PM   #9
thatjonguy
Now with 57.93% more awesome!
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 12 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 278 Times on 199 Posts
Likes Given: 41

I just threw out a mayo jar last night (runs to garbage). Tonight is gonna be fun.

-Sit in a parking lot facing traffic, wearing sunglasses and holding a hair dryer like a radar gun. (Do it at your own risk).

-When the drive through cashier asks if that is everything, make sure they know your order is to go

Make A Wish (bMAW) thread for brewery swag/merchandise!

Untappd: thatjonguy

Old 02-27-2012, 03:13 PM   #10
KayaBrew
Recipes 

Liked 118 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 92

Take some electrical tape or transparent tape and tape down the trigger on the sprayer on your kitchen sink. Aim the sprayer toward where the next person who uses the sink will be standing when they turn on the water.

When I was younger, I had my old man standing at the sink for a good 5 seconds getting drenched when he finally shut the faucet off!

"...Careful, man...there's a beverage here!..."

Quick Reply