My first brew was a hard lemonade, I got the recipe on the net, bought the ingredients and put it all together, after fermentation it went down the drain. My second brew was a modification, and it was passable with perhaps to much pucker power, after that I made some beer, then another batch of hard lemonade. My latest batch is better but not good, I'm thinking with light DME instead of sugar, and Ale yeast it would be better. Anyway here is the reciped for one gallon.
juice from six lemons
water, to one gallon
two cups sugar (here is where I would suggest DME, or other fermentable)
yeast (I used dry bakers yeast)
just set it in a gallong jug and let it sit for two weeks, I put a plastic bag with a rubberband instead of an air lock. in spite of the poor but available ingredients, it came out OK. But to be honest, regular lemonade with a shot of bourbon would be better. I still have hope for more improvements, not to mention I'm stubborn.