Happy Wife Makes You Do Crazy ShT Day. (Crazy Tradtions)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fifelee

Reaction score
Happy thanks giving everyone. I am off to run three miles in 25 degree weather. WTF. My wife is trying to make this a tradition. It is a Benefit run every Thanksgiving morning called "Burn the Bird". Well at least I won't feel guilty about that extra glob of butter. Anyone else have crazy traditions?

First I have to find a goat, a clown suit, a tub of lard, 37 golf balls and a.... wait. You mean Thanksgiving traditions, don't you? No, I don't have anything crazy like that.

The only T-day tradition I look forward to is the intisipation of the wife and kiddies being gone from 4am to 11 pm shopping the next day while I sit at home an just smile as I stare at the walls in complete silence.... Heaven....

Happy thanks giving everyone. I am off to run three miles in 25 degree weather. WTF. My wife is trying to make this a tradition. It is a Benefit run every Thanksgiving morning called "Burn the Bird". Well at least I won't feel guilty about that extra glob of butter. Anyone else have crazy traditions?

The local running club has a five mile "turkey trot" every Thanksgiving. I last did that when I was 17, fresh out of Cross Country in high school. I don't run anymore..........

First I have to find a goat, a clown suit, a tub of lard, 37 golf balls and a.... wait. You mean Thanksgiving traditions, don't you? No, I don't have anything crazy like that.

Now I know why I always liked you. I have a similar tradition using a donkey, clown suit and lard. Every year we .... wait .... ummm .... never mind.

The closest thing to a tradition here is that I go down to the Rogue pub and have a few pints with the folks there. Yes, they're open on Tday, and xxxmas for that matter. Sort of the "family of misfits". :)

We don't have much in the way of crazy traditions. The only thing we do a bit differently than others is post the menu about a month before and email the family for input onto the items. We actually "vote" on desserts, and some of the dishes. This year the desserts are caramel apple covered cheesecake (used 4 packages of cream cheese) and pumpkin pie with fresh whipped cream.

We have some things that are non-negotiable (brined turkey cooked on the webber grill, old fashioned bread stuffing, mashed potatoes, fresh cranberry sauce) but the side dishes are always changed.

The other tradition is to put about 3 days worth of music on an itunes playlist and play obscure and fun music all weekend. My brother in law is a music nut, and it's fun to try to stump him with a rare version of an alternative music classic. There are also classics from Neil Young and Eric Clapton mixed in.

Now I know why I always liked you. I have a similar tradition using a donkey, clown suit and lard. Every year we .... wait .... ummm .... never mind.

I think I own that video...oh wait...

Getting together with friends to chow down on Turducken. Not really a tradition yet, but quickly going that way. The getting together with friends, not the Turducken.

I can't fn move. My legs are sore and my belly is full. Good thing the computer was close.

Back