Hampton Roads/e Va Brewers Sound Off!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwAMi75

Reaction score
I just realised we've got more brewers on here from this area than I first thought. It'd be interesting to get a headcount, and maybe have some kind of get-together.

BTW, for those who might not realise, I actually live in Hampton. I'm just working in TX at the moment. I'll be back by early June.

Yeah, we need to do a huge brew day this summer (if I'm here). I'm talking cookout, multiple brews and lots of drunk women.

I've talked to Dave (grain order) about it and he is cool. Also need to try and get huleoo down here.

I'm sort of E Va, I'm in the West End of Richmond.

Williamsburg here... and I know at least 2 other brewers in the area.

Nate said:
Williamsburg here... and I know at least 2 other brewers in the area.

I'd love to come up and see that rig of your in action some time!

Bjorn/Ivan...I have a crapload of leaf hops (all HBUSA has is pellets, as you know) if you ever want to trade some....next time I brew (after the Thursday one, it has potential to be a disaster) I'll let you know.....you are welcome to stop by.

Dude said:

Bjorn/Ivan...I have a crapload of leaf hops (all HBUSA has is pellets, as you know) if you ever want to trade some....next time I brew (after the Thursday one, it has potential to be a disaster) I'll let you know.....you are welcome to stop by.

dude/anti-dude: hb usa does have plugs btw, but i still want to use FRESH whole hops...where are you? in Hampton? Is that over the bay bridge tunnel? when are you brewing again? i would love to get some feedback on my beers, and/or sample some others...ive got a common, east coast pa, cascade pa, and dead guy type amber thats ready to be drunken by apreiciated palates...im off of school AND work today/tommorow...

Dude said:

Sounds like a plan. We should definitely get everyone in the area together for a party. Late spring/early summer might be good...

Bjorn Borg said:
dude/anti-dude: hb usa does have plugs btw, but i still want to use FRESH whole hops...where are you? in Hampton? Is that over the bay bridge tunnel? when are you brewing again? i would love to get some feedback on my beers, and/or sample some others...ive got a common, east coast pa, cascade pa, and dead guy type amber thats ready to be drunken by apreiciated palates...im off of school AND work today/tommorow...

I'm brewing around noonish tomorrow, depending on how it goes at the St. George brewery. I have to help out for a few hours transferring from big kegs to little kegs. Shouldn't take long, but since the hired guy quit last week the brewmaster is swamped and I said I'd help out with what I could. Either way I'm brewing at noon, hopefuilly will get started before that.

You are more than welcome to stop by if you are bored.

I'll PM you directions if you want.

BTW...yeah, it is past the tunnel. I don't know how familiar you are with this side of the water but once you get past the tunnel it takes between 10-15 minutes to get to my place.

Hello all, grew up in Va Beach and am currently down here in GA, VA will always be home. Parents are there so I'm there from time to time.

Dude said:
Also need to try and get huleoo down here.

Heard he took BoS in the CASK comp recently... I think it's about time the JRHB's started putting up a good fight :D

Back