Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Guildwars 2

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2012, 11:43 PM   #21
Glynn
Brewing 20 yrs & still a noob
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 119 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 21

I never tried any of the gw's tho i have been a long standing member of the wow community since 06

Good people drink good beer - Hunter S. Thompson
Duct tape. The handyman's secret weapon - Red Green

Naughty Kitty Brewing EST 1993
Primary 1 - hoppy red ale
Primary 2 -
Primary 3 -
Secondary 1 -
Secondary 2 -
Bottled - Nogginfogger DIPA, Sumpin Close IPA, Citra IPA

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2012, 01:13 PM   #22
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 1948 Times on 1409 Posts
Likes Given: 1065

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamial View Post
I am thinking about putting my accounts (the wife and I) and Sorrower's Furnace. The 3 day head start is going to be EPIC.
That was supposed to be our server for the last Beta, but by the time I got set up to play it was full.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXVolt View Post
Unless you guys know people there, you should start with us on Ehmry Bay, always room for more brewers . Same goes for you Homer!
I can't say which server we'll be able to get on. Don't want a low pop server, but I'll have to ask my homies.

I think the one we will try to pick is the one with the shortest and easiest name. One of my friends struggles to read.

Old 08-09-2012, 04:27 PM   #23
IXVolt
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 78 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 76

I went with a high but not full server for the beta's. Rumor has it they are rolling out more servers for launch (which I would expect). I'm also not sure how the overflow servers will work at launch. Will be interesting, I haven't played a game where you can que to play while playing on a separate server.

Old 08-09-2012, 06:34 PM   #24
Psych
Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXVolt View Post
I think you will really like it Psych!

I've played GW1, and thought it was ok... but didn't really like the game play as much as true mmorpg's. GW1 and GW2 are nothing alike. I've played so many games; UO, EQ1, RoM, WoW, Rift, DN, SWTOR, D1, D2, D3, etc etc etc blah blah blah

I think GW2 will likely be a long time favorite. no sub fee's and they are blending a lot of the best attributes from all the major names.

The one down side I've found is the trading system. There is none. You have to mail items to one another. But that's a minor issue to me, you don't even have to find a mailbox anywhere. You can just click the icon on your UI and you can get your mail. Still it's a little weird to not be able to directly trade people. They said this method was chosen to alleviate trade scams,so now you have to COD to trade for gold.
Yeah I'm super pumped about it, for sure. The lack of a monthly fee really gives it that easy breezy feel. I might wind up playing it non-stop, sure, but I COULD stop for a month without thinking I'm wasting money.

Real shame the stress test today is smack during work hours

Old 08-09-2012, 11:17 PM   #25
xMalachi
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 8 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 836 Times on 475 Posts
Likes Given: 53

I will probably pick this up. I'm frustrated with D3.. got my character geared up enough to destroy A1&2 Inferno but I get destroyed in A3. I refuse to spend money on gold too so I don't think I'll ever get there because I'm done farming A1&2 I'm beginning to hate the game already lol.

Primary#1: Empty
Primary#2: EdWort's Apfelwein
Primary#3: Empty
Primary#4: Empty
Bottled: Lady Liberty's American Pale Ale, Honey Weizen, Pumpkin Ale, Zombie Dust Clone

Old 08-10-2012, 12:18 AM   #26
Zamial
Recipes 

Liked 167 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMalachi View Post
I'm done farming.
FTW edit.

This is what I liked about GW2. Farming is just silly or it seems to be IMHO. By the time you get that "epic drop" you have out leveled it. I tried to farm some and discovered that if you just play through the zone and take what you get you will be just as well of as the guy killing the same creatures in the area for hours on end...

Old 08-10-2012, 05:24 AM   #27
IXVolt

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMalachi View Post
I will probably pick this up. I'm frustrated with D3.. got my character geared up enough to destroy A1&2 Inferno but I get destroyed in A3. I refuse to spend money on gold too so I don't think I'll ever get there because I'm done farming A1&2 I'm beginning to hate the game already lol.
I was in the same boat. Spent way to much time just trying to farm the gear to progress. Became un-fun quickly. I really enjoyed D3 all the way through hell mode.

I played through mid teen levels in a few different characters in GW2 beta, and it never once seemed grindey. There were frequently events happening which broke up the quests you were working on, giving distractions. When you worked on the events, I usually ended up accomplishing the quests simultaneously because of the things I was already doing in the area.

Also the leveling seemed slow, which brings back fond memories of old games passed.

Old 08-14-2012, 03:17 PM   #28
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

They had a few stress test over the past several days. I hope they continue this trend. I missed the last two due to being on North Manitou Island. Then again, I don't really need an interruption in getting my chores done.

Old 08-14-2012, 06:06 PM   #29
IXVolt

Recipes 

Yeah they have had a number of stress tests. I've been able to play for a little bit in two of them. Not really enough time to actually do much, but I was able to play around with some video capturing software (Fraps) and explore some of the game menu's a bit more.

I'm actually using the kick start deadline as a motivator to accomplish all the little projects I have laying around. Trying to get a bunch of stuff completed so I don't feel the pressure when I want to sit back, drink a beer and play!

I'm sure you all know this, but if you follow them on Facebook they announce all their stress tests there.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:57 AM   #30
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Stress test TONIGHT! Between noon and 4 PM PACIFIC (3-7 pm Eastern, except you flunkies who don't follow DST rules).

Also, they re-iterated that people who had PRE-PURCHASED the game will get in 3 days before the general release on August 25th at Midnight PACIFIC TIME! They also mentioned that it will be a rolling start, so there is a chance you could get in 3 HOURS BEFORE THIS TIME!

Get on their twitter page for more updates and links to more information.

Quick Reply