Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Growing coffee

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2005, 06:51 AM   #1
TxBrew
Der Administrator
HBT_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1657 Times on 549 Posts
Likes Given: 837

Default Growing coffee

A friend recently gave me some coffee seeds he got from this place: http://www.sweetmarias.com/

Just started to grow this weekend on my balconey garden. Can't wait to see what happens my first time.

I am an avid coffee drinker, probably my worst addiction, never tried home grown beans before.

Anyone else an avid drinker or grower?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2005, 04:46 AM   #2
seven77
Recipes 

I drink coffee. I wouldn't call myself and advid drinker of the stuff, but I have my coffee pot on a timer and a batch is waiting for me every morning (assuming I remembered to clean it and put fresh grounds in).

It sounds interesting, but i don't think I have the climate for it. I understand that coffee beans like to grow in tropic and subtropic climates.. even indoors that is not possible 3/4 of the year.

You also have to learn the art of roasting the beans. Which I imagine wouldn't be hard, but would be an art all in itself.

... well, there's my useless post of the day. Let us know how it turns out!!

Old 08-19-2013, 05:27 PM   #3
Chef-Ryan
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

did you ever have any luck with the seeds? I have my own coffee plant but I bought it as a small plant already so didn't have to germinate the seed.

Quick Reply