Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > GreenSmoke E-Cigarettes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2009, 06:01 PM   #1
Suthrncomfrt1884
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default GreenSmoke E-Cigarettes: Read if you're a smoker.

I want to first say I'm sorry for this shameless spam..

I recently bought one of the GreenSmoke Electronic Cigarettes and I'm so happy with them I figured I'd let everyone here know about them. I hardly ever write this kind of message online, but felt that the prouct was worth the praise.

I've been trying to quit smoking for years. Not because of the price, but because of the health hazards. I was at work a month or so ago and a co-worker came into our break room to have a "smoke break". Confused (we're non-smoking, as with the rest of Illinois), I asked him what he was doing. He showed me an electronic cigarette.

I immediately went home and scoured the internet for information on them. After searching for a few days and researching, I found the GreenSmoke to be the best option, although a bit more expensive. It's a little heavier than a normal cigarette, but you don't notice much after getting used to it. It feels and tastes just like a normal cigarette (other than the weight).

GreenSmoke offered a built-in atomizer with every cartridge, so there's no need to worry about burning your atomizer up and having to buy new ones every few months.

The e-cigarette also has no tar, no tobacco, and no second hand smoke. This means it's perfectly legal to smoke indoors in non-smoking establishments. It doesn't even have a smell to the vapor that is exhaled (which looks just like smoke). This also means that it's 10 times healthier for you. You get your nicotine fix without all the extra toxic chemicals.

I can't say enough about the customer service and quality of this company.

I just wanted to post this incase there's any other smokers on the forum who are interested in an alternative way of smoking.

If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me. Otherwise visit GreenSmoke to get more information. Also, when the company sent me mine, they gave me a discount code to give people incase I wanted to refer someone.

At the checkout, use code disc10-6561 for 10% off.

Another HERMS rig...

Last edited by Suthrncomfrt1884; 10-05-2009 at 08:19 PM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2009, 06:35 PM   #2
Baja_Brewer
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
I just wanted to post this incase there's any other smokers on the forum who are interested in an alternative way of smoking.
So are you quitting or just using that to get your nicotine?

Courage les garçons, et patience, vos femmes vont finir par apprécier la bière !

Old 10-05-2009, 06:39 PM   #3
mmb
FNG
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3151 Times on 3058 Posts
Likes Given: 165

Including your Affiliate code (6561) in the direct link and the discount code might come across as fairly sleazy to some.....

Old 10-05-2009, 08:02 PM   #4
hammer1
Recipes 

i have had 5 cigarettes in 26 days who says it gets easier.

Old 10-05-2009, 08:14 PM   #5
Suthrncomfrt1884
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja_Brewer View Post
So are you quitting or just using that to get your nicotine?
I bought it to slowly step down my smoking. Since it has multiple levels of nicotine, I'm going to decrease it every weeks or so until I can get to the 0 nicotine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmb View Post
Including your Affiliate code (6561) in the direct link and the discount code might come across as fairly sleazy to some.....
Yes, I thought it would be also. As I said, I'm very happy with this product. I signed up for the affiliate program because I felt it was a product worth promoting. I'm not saying you have to use my discount code, but it's there if you'd like. I've taken the affiliate code out of the link because I just realized it auto-adds things to the cart for purchase, and I don't really care about the money.

Another HERMS rig...

Last edited by Suthrncomfrt1884; 10-05-2009 at 08:21 PM.

Old 10-05-2009, 09:50 PM   #6
jgln
Recipes 

Liked 50 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I heard about these but I am confused on the theory.

So with these you control the amount of nicotine, there is no real smoke and it satisfies your need to smoke something. So what happens when you get down to where you don't need the nicotine but still have a habit of smoking something? You just stop that habit?

I guess I mean smoking less slowly would do the same thing for the nicotine and also ween you off the whole need to be smoking something.

What stops you from smoking these more often or longer to get the nicotine you crave? Either way it seems you need to be the one to put in the effort to cut back. Sorry if I don't understand, I never smoked.

Old 10-05-2009, 10:11 PM   #7
meluvbeer
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I think these E cigs are great from what ive seen so i ordered one
yesterday to try. I just dont want to smoke up the house this
winter while enjoying some of my brew. If it works like advertised
i'll be happy to never smoke a commercial cigarette again. Especially
now that they are all Fire Safe cigarette's coated with carpet clue
to keep them from burning with about 4000 more toxic chemicals.

...Because life sucks without BEER...

Old 10-05-2009, 10:15 PM   #8
JesseRC
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I know 3 guys at work that use them. They get so easy to use ,that you end up smoking more. Some of them have had heart palpitations from smoking so much or losing track of how much they use them. They are super easy to use at work while at your desk or in the car. Just be careful.

Jesse

Primaries: Mojave Red (AG)
Kegs: Hibiscus Saison (AG), Orange Kolsch (AG) , Cocunut Porter
Future Brew: Wee Heavy

Old 10-05-2009, 10:35 PM   #9
Suthrncomfrt1884
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseRC View Post
I know 3 guys at work that use them. They get so easy to use ,that you end up smoking more. Some of them have had heart palpitations from smoking so much or losing track of how much they use them. They are super easy to use at work while at your desk or in the car. Just be careful.
Yes, this is definately an issue. I found myself for the first few days smoking in areas just because I knew I could now. At that point, I realized I was smoking more often and cut myself back to my normal times. When I used to have a typical cigarette, I will now have about 10 puffs off my e-cig. I currently still use it outside, but I'm sure in the winter, it will be nice not to. It is a little wierd to get used to. No ashes, so I don't have to flick the butt. Not carrying a lighter around with me. Little things are very noticable to smokers. But...as far as electic cigarettes go, this thing is incredible.

As for being smokeless...no. It smokes like a real cigarette. The "smoke" that's emitted it more of a water vapor mixed with flavoring and nicotine. The only ones that smell are the flavored ones, and the smoke dissapates fairly quickly unlike tobacco smoke.

I want to point out that these are not a "stop smoking" device. As it says on Greensmoke.com, these are a healthier alternative to normal smoking. As was said above, normal cigs have about 4000 chemicals and 20+ carcinagens. Green Smokes have 4 chemicals. Purified water, nicotine, propylene glycol (used in cake mixes apparently) and flavoring.

I'm using mine to slowly get myself off cigarettes, but as with normal smoking, it will take a bit of willpower. In the meantime, I can rest easy knowing I'm not destroying my lungs with tobacco smoke, tar, and cancer.

Another HERMS rig...

Old 10-05-2009, 11:01 PM   #10
lacykay
Recipes 

so does it actually feel and taste like your smoking a real cig, do you get that same enjoyment out of it!! its so expensive it would suck to buy it and hate it!!!!

Quick Reply