Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Great start to the weekend

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2011, 06:07 AM   #1
BBKing
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 52 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Default Great start to the weekend

One of those weekends for this brewer I suppose:

At work we have 2 temp workers going after 1 full time position spot. One guy isnt a worker at all..just plays with his phone and wanders around. The other, is a worker. And I mean the guy busts his ass daily. So its no huge decision on who I want to get the full time spot. After two weeks of helping him along, getting our numbers, and then putting out extra product, I got my paycheck today. $100 bonus for both the temp and I! I'd say he got the job eh?

So after putting $80 of the 100 in the bank, I decided that a trip to the beer store is in order. I wouldnt have gone if I didn't get the bonus, as I have plenty of homebrew stocked up, however it was one of those events that warranted a 6 pack...so I walk in, check out the usual beer (Schlafly, Harpoon, and a few others) and decide to pick up SWMBOs wine. On my way to the wine a new craft beer rack caught my eye. SCORE! Guess whos in my po-dunk town in Central IL? Stone!

SA-WEEEET!

Picked up an Arrogant Bastard bomber and a 6er of their IPA. The price kind of hit me, and ended up costing more than the $20 I had put away for the purchase, but can you blame a guy?

On my third IPA now, then going to bed.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2011, 03:02 PM   #2
pstrohs
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Yeah, I saw that Stone IPA came to the St Louis area. They also made a label for the St Louis release. How was it? I am very excited about trying this beer

"Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right"

Keezer Build

Old 04-10-2011, 04:45 AM   #3
BBKing
Recipes 

Liked 52 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I'm loving the Pale Ale. Very well balanced.

The main store that I buy craft brew from in Peoria IL, called Friar Tucks also got it in. I was talking to an employee there a few weeks ago on a stop to replace my 80th hydrometer and he told me they would have it soon. I just didnt expect my local store to have it.

Seek it out man.

I may get crazy tonight and break into the Arrogant Bastard. We'll see.

Reason: spelling error

Quick Reply