*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > The Great HBT Stogie Thread
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2013, 11:45 AM   #731
KeyWestBrewing
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Key West, Florida
Posts: 5,218
Liked 466 Times on 373 Posts
Likes Given: 543

Default

Thanks for deleting the spambot mods!

__________________

EAC - 5/2/14

Growing Hops in Key West, FL....

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f92/casc...y-west-333466/

Primary : Mosaic Cream ale
Primary : Simcoe Cream Ale
Primary : Soon to be filled
On Tap : French Oak Muddy Waters Bourbon Chocolate Stout, Edicion Regionales Inglaterra

*Member: The HBT Sweaty Fat Guys Cigar club

KeyWestBrewing is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 04:53 PM   #732
Bensiff
Mind Your Business
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Bensiff's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: , Washington, the state
Posts: 4,487
Liked 305 Times on 245 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Lucky man. My wife won't even allow me NEAR her when I'm smoking. I have to stay outside the entire time, can't even put the cigar down and come in for something.
Damn, that's strict. What really makes me lucky is that my wife was a smoker when I met her, I told her I would never marry a smoker and after he dad died in part from his smoking she quit. The good is that she only smoked a few years in her life and seems to have no addictive desire towards cigars like she does cigarettes. So, I somehow get away with the complete hypocracy of telling her she can't smoke cigarettes; but, I can still smoke an occassional cigar. I think if it was a daily or habit or even a few times a week she would think differntly; but right now she is fully supportive of my humidor and occassional cigar. I personally can't stand the smell of cigar smoke on clothes so I make it a habit to changing my clothes when I'm done, but if my wife told me I can't come inside to get a cup of coffee or whatever while burning a stick I think I would laugh and ignor (along the lines of her telling me to take my shoes off when I go inside, I'd have to take them off a hundred times on a brew day, that isn't happening...so I bought a carpet cleaner for her .
__________________
Bensiff is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 05:33 PM   #733
KeyWestBrewing
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Key West, Florida
Posts: 5,218
Liked 466 Times on 373 Posts
Likes Given: 543

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bensiff View Post
Damn, that's strict. What really makes me lucky is that my wife was a smoker when I met her, I told her I would never marry a smoker and after he dad died in part from his smoking she quit. The good is that she only smoked a few years in her life and seems to have no addictive desire towards cigars like she does cigarettes. So, I somehow get away with the complete hypocracy of telling her she can't smoke cigarettes; but, I can still smoke an occassional cigar. I think if it was a daily or habit or even a few times a week she would think differntly; but right now she is fully supportive of my humidor and occassional cigar. I personally can't stand the smell of cigar smoke on clothes so I make it a habit to changing my clothes when I'm done, but if my wife told me I can't come inside to get a cup of coffee or whatever while burning a stick I think I would laugh and ignor (along the lines of her telling me to take my shoes off when I go inside, I'd have to take them off a hundred times on a brew day, that isn't happening...so I bought a carpet cleaner for her .

Damn I like your style

You could always wear sandals on brew day, I do. But we wont tell her that lol
__________________

EAC - 5/2/14

Growing Hops in Key West, FL....

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f92/casc...y-west-333466/

Primary : Mosaic Cream ale
Primary : Simcoe Cream Ale
Primary : Soon to be filled
On Tap : French Oak Muddy Waters Bourbon Chocolate Stout, Edicion Regionales Inglaterra

*Member: The HBT Sweaty Fat Guys Cigar club

KeyWestBrewing is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 06:02 PM   #734
Jukas
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 918
Liked 86 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Default

I keep hearing suggestions to try some Fuentes, especially the Don Carlos line. I think next time I got stick shopping I"ll try and pickup a some of those, even though I normally prefer a maduro.

__________________
Jukas is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 06:12 PM   #735
Bensiff
Mind Your Business
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Bensiff's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: , Washington, the state
Posts: 4,487
Liked 305 Times on 245 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyWestBrewing View Post
Damn I like your style

You could always wear sandals on brew day, I do. But we wont tell her that lol
She got me a pair of moccasin slippers for winter brewing and I have a pair of flip flops for the summer time to help out, but I still don't take them off
__________________
Bensiff is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 06:30 PM   #736
KeyWestBrewing
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Key West, Florida
Posts: 5,218
Liked 466 Times on 373 Posts
Likes Given: 543

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukas
I keep hearing suggestions to try some Fuentes, especially the Don Carlos line. I think next time I got stick shopping I"ll try and pickup a some of those, even though I normally prefer a maduro.
Famous smoke has double robustos on sale. Box of 25 for $215 and 5packs for just under $50. They have other vitolas as well.
__________________

EAC - 5/2/14

Growing Hops in Key West, FL....

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f92/casc...y-west-333466/

Primary : Mosaic Cream ale
Primary : Simcoe Cream Ale
Primary : Soon to be filled
On Tap : French Oak Muddy Waters Bourbon Chocolate Stout, Edicion Regionales Inglaterra

*Member: The HBT Sweaty Fat Guys Cigar club

KeyWestBrewing is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 06:37 PM   #737
Bensiff
Mind Your Business
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Bensiff's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: , Washington, the state
Posts: 4,487
Liked 305 Times on 245 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukas View Post
I keep hearing suggestions to try some Fuentes, especially the Don Carlos line. I think next time I got stick shopping I"ll try and pickup a some of those, even though I normally prefer a maduro.
Fuentes are nice, particularly with a little age on them. For me, their Hemingway line...particularly the Short Story...is my fall back stick
__________________
Bensiff is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 07:00 PM   #738
mcwilcr
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
Posts: 885
Liked 78 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Default

I agree Fuentes are pretty nice. I have a Couple anejo reservas resting at the bottom of the humidor right now.

__________________
Mcwilcr Keezer build
mcwilcr is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 07:31 PM   #739
KeyWestBrewing
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Key West, Florida
Posts: 5,218
Liked 466 Times on 373 Posts
Likes Given: 543

Default

Ive yet to try the Hemingway. But I really want to find the Hemingway Work of Art Maduro, theyre supposed to be amazing. I do have about 7 Opus(6 FF and 1 robusto) and 8 Anejo(1 shark, 2 #46, and 5 #60) resting in my humidor. I also have 7 2006 God of Fire Carlito and 7 2010 God of Fire Serie B. The Anejo shark and Gof Serie B are my favorites of the bunch. Though I'm still waiting to see how I like an Opus with a few years age on them so that may be my new favorite.

__________________

EAC - 5/2/14

Growing Hops in Key West, FL....

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f92/casc...y-west-333466/

Primary : Mosaic Cream ale
Primary : Simcoe Cream Ale
Primary : Soon to be filled
On Tap : French Oak Muddy Waters Bourbon Chocolate Stout, Edicion Regionales Inglaterra

*Member: The HBT Sweaty Fat Guys Cigar club

KeyWestBrewing is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 07:33 PM   #740
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Airborneguy's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Isle of Staten
Posts: 10,856
Liked 838 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 1105

Default

Walking around the woods with my dog and a J&R toro maduro. Good stuff.

__________________
Fermentor(s):
Lagering:
Bottled: Atonement Brown Porter
Airborneguy is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply



Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Great Halloween Costume Thread of 09 ! chefchris Home Brewing Photo Forum 47 10-28-2011 03:02 PM
Another Infection thread. pics not great either Devantf Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 7 05-22-2009 12:11 PM
EAC thread is great! BREW N QUE General Beer Discussion 11 12-08-2007 01:45 PM
The Great Hooch thread. Orfy Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 0 06-10-2007 09:51 AM