Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > The Great HBT Stogie Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2012, 01:43 AM   #231
KeyWestBrewing
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 504 Times on 396 Posts
Likes Given: 619

I'm HIM on puff.com. Lots of really nice people there, group of em are here on HBT too. Tons of great info and they are like sharks finding who's got the good smokes in stock.

EAC - 5/2/14

Growing Hops in Key West, FL....

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f92/casc...y-west-333466/

Primary : Mosaic Cream ale
Primary : Empty
On Tap : Pumpkin Pie Cider, Cash Rules Everything Around Me CREAM Ale, Edicion Regionales Inglaterra

*Member: The HBT Sweaty Fat Guys Cigar club

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2012, 01:54 AM   #232
joshbhs04
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Im on Puff as well. Been there for 18 months I think! My username there is joshbhs04, same as here.

On deck- Hefeeeeeeeee
Meet Davey Jones in the Deep (huna tribute)
Stupid Pumpkin

Old 10-31-2012, 02:24 PM   #233
Bensiff
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 324 Times on 252 Posts
Likes Given: 53

I go as Beer Alchemist over at Puff...I haven't been too active since they re-did their site as it really doesn't like my phone...as well, it really seems like its the same few questions over and over again so it doesn't hold my interest. But, they are a great group of guys, always willing to help you find something and share a stick or 5 or just completely annihilate your mailbox for ja.

Old 10-31-2012, 03:42 PM   #234
KeyWestBrewing
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bensiff
I go as Beer Alchemist over at Puff...I haven't been too active since they re-did their site as it really doesn't like my phone...as well, it really seems like its the same few questions over and over again so it doesn't hold my interest. But, they are a great group of guys, always willing to help you find something and share a stick or 5 or just completely annihilate your mailbox for ja.
I haven't been there that long but I can see the repetitiveness you mention. I figure the same happens here from time to time. I really like how if a site has for example some FFPs in stock.... They hunt it down and spread the word. I got my Tat Mummies and Ratzillas this way. Kinda funny because the B&M owner down here is a Liga whore and had never even seen one though he knows the DE guys pretty damn well. In the end, there's more to learn and absorb here since brewing can be pretty intricate so I spend most my time on HBT. By the way.... If anyone's lookin for LP 9s, T52s, Feral Flying Pigs, Dirty Rats, Ratzillas, or Tatuaje Mummies I know where to find em. If anyone's interested PM me and I'll share the info on where they're at.

EAC - 5/2/14

On Tap : Pumpkin Pie Cider, Cash Rules Everything Around Me CREAM Ale, Edicion Regionales Inglaterra

Old 10-31-2012, 05:00 PM   #235
Bensiff
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 324 Times on 252 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Yup, there just isn't a lot of knowledge to share in stogies. Some thoughts on how to keep them, some thoughts on how to enjoy them, smoke them, pair them, and what brands are good; but, that is about it. Now, if one were to be growing tobacco, aging the leaf, and rolling their own sticks, that would be on par with HBT as far as knowledge complexity goes.

Old 10-31-2012, 05:05 PM   #236
KeyWestBrewing
Recipes 

My thoughts exactly

EAC - 5/2/14

Old 10-31-2012, 05:28 PM   #237
nickw85
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Hey guys, I am new to cigars and have only had maybe a couple dozen over the last year. Love the taste and smell but no guru. I went to a local shop instead of the getting whats behind the counter at the liquor store or cigars international for a change of pace. The guy working seemed to suck. I asked for a recommendation on a mild cigar and his response was I bought them all so they all come recommended. Ok so I was left to poke around on my own at this point. I didn't buy anything since I wasn't sure of the condition of the cigars. Most of them the plastic wrappers have turned yellow and some of the bare sticks had white on them. Looked like it could have been mold. This was way out of my realm of knowing what the hell I was looking at. Can anyone chime in on this?

Old 10-31-2012, 05:43 PM   #238
StainlessBrewing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 82 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickw85 View Post
Hey guys, I am new to cigars and have only had maybe a couple dozen over the last year. Love the taste and smell but no guru. I went to a local shop instead of the getting whats behind the counter at the liquor store or cigars international for a change of pace. The guy working seemed to suck. I asked for a recommendation on a mild cigar and his response was I bought them all so they all come recommended. Ok so I was left to poke around on my own at this point. I didn't buy anything since I wasn't sure of the condition of the cigars. Most of them the plastic wrappers have turned yellow and some of the bare sticks had white on them. Looked like it could have been mold. This was way out of my realm of knowing what the hell I was looking at. Can anyone chime in on this?
I'd look for a new shop! If you don't have one worth driving there are tons of sites that have daily deals with free shipping.

Old 10-31-2012, 05:57 PM   #239
nickw85
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessBrewing View Post
I'd look for a new shop! If you don't have one worth driving there are tons of sites that have daily deals with free shipping.
That's what I was thinking. It was the first cigar shop I have been to so I didn't know what to expect. It wasn't local to me it was just one I walked by so it will be easy to avoid.

Old 10-31-2012, 06:14 PM   #240
StainlessBrewing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 82 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Do you have a Total Wine in your area? They have a decent selection with some pretty good prices. If not try your local head/smoke shop. If they have a walk in humidor...you're good.

Quick Reply