Google Your Handle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baja_Brewer

Reaction score
What do you get?

I googled the other handle I use, and I was not pleased with the results I got. Looks like I'll continue switching names every few years :D

Anywho, the top hits I got with this name were Twitter, HBT, and a site that logged #homebrew hits from twitter.

What do you come up with?

Before the advent of the internet, your topic title would have meant a different thing altogether.

Rick500, very true... scary true. I really don't remember the time before the internet (As I remember, its existed most my life... I remember the first website I ever tried to look at, animorphs.com) But I still know what that would mean..

A lot of other people with the last name of O'Daniel.

I'm a member at several different MB's with this handle, so I imagine I'll see a bunch of those...

edit: after checking, HBT come's up 2nd.

Strange.

There's an Artist called Orfy so they come up a lot by my unused blog comes up first page.

Quite a few hits for Orfy's Hobgoblin.
I've even read links claiming it originated on other forums because they have threads on it.

Homebrewtalk, The Shave Den, Badger and Blade, Twitter, my Last.fm profile, more HBT, some petition I signed, my ebay profile. I'm probably the only one with my handle. Its a take on Icculus, from Phish's Gamehendge suite.

Apparently there is a freestyle musician from Brooklyn, sullying my good name.

Someone took my name! Nooo! And they're on twitter. I might make an account just so I can follow them. I feel like Laughing Gnome... There is another me around!

I learned Coronado Brewery makes a beer called Hoppy Daze..I have several video results too; kind of interesting

Link number 14 was me on HBT. Most of the other 559,000 links were something related to this:

Die-Mensch-Maschine.jpg

Apparently Barley Water is a popular drink as for home remedies (clears the complexion, prevents wrinkles, aids in digestion, etc.) and a British soft drink. Alton Brown has a recipe...
Ingredients

* 2 quarts water
* 1 cup hulled barley
* 2 lemons
* 1/4 cup honey

Directions

Place the water and barley into a medium saucepan; cover, set over high heat and bring to a boil. Once the barley comes to a boil, decrease the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes. While the liquid is cooking, peel the lemons, being careful not to cut into the white pith. Juice the lemons and place the juice along with the peel into a 3-quart pitcher and set aside.

After 30 minutes, strain the barley water through a fine mesh strainer into the pitcher. Discard the barley. Add the honey and stir to combine. Refrigerate until chilled.

Try going to google.com/dashboard and logging in if you have an account. You can see your entire Google history from Search to Social.. Enjoy, and btw, you can delete that information for privacy if you choose.

My handle comes up for about 2/3 of the first two pages of Google hits, but I also discovered that a few people in Thailand have my handle as their first name. Oh well, I've been using this handle for 8+ years, so they can just change their names!

Mostly links to some of my posts on sonsofsamhorn.net, including someone using a quote from me in their signature back in '04: ""The handicrapper is the Aston Martin of bathroom stalls." I had forgotten all about that.

Back