Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2012, 01:15 PM   #261
cheezydemon3
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1641 Times on 1234 Posts
Likes Given: 3007

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmanster View Post
so, I've herd from a couple peep's that lost is a great series.. started watching last night and seemed interesting enough to watch the first 2.. I hope its not as big of a let down in the end as others have commented..
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I effing HATE the makers of LOST. watched it sooooooo long just to learn that they had absolutely no grand plan and were making up every episode as they went and in the end had no where to go.

(actually I could have made up at least 4 different endings that were better than that steaming turd)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2012, 01:25 PM   #262
sethcros
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezydemon3

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I effing HATE the makers of LOST. watched it sooooooo long just to learn that they had absolutely no grand plan and were making up every episode as they went and in the end had no where to go.

(actually I could have made up at least 4 different endings that were better than that steaming turd)
I disagree. I thought the show was great from beginning to end. As for breaking bad, it is remarkable to me that the show up until now has taken place in the time frame on the show that it has. Walt's change was lightening fast which makes me wonder if he has actually changed, or if he had just been really good at hiding the Heisenberg side of him.

Old 08-24-2012, 02:41 PM   #263
cheezydemon3
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethcros View Post
I disagree. I thought the show was great from beginning to end. As for breaking bad, it is remarkable to me that the show up until now has taken place in the time frame on the show that it has. Walt's change was lightening fast which makes me wonder if he has actually changed, or if he had just been really good at hiding the Heisenberg side of him.
I Loved LOST.

It seemed to have this incredibly complex plot building towards some epic end.

The writers bragged that they made everything up spur of the moment and had no clue what would happen next or how it would end...........and the end SUCKED.

Old 08-24-2012, 04:04 PM   #264
Jukas
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 85 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezydemon3

I Loved LOST.

It seemed to have this incredibly complex plot building towards some epic end.

The writers bragged that they made everything up spur of the moment and had no clue what would happen next or how it would end...........and the end SUCKED.
The first two seasons of lost I was telling everyone I knew "this show is amazing, you have to watch it".. By season four I was like "Nevermind"

Had amazing potential, but be latter seasons felt like the writers LOST their track (get it), and the finale was disappointingly say the least.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:08 PM   #265
cheezydemon3
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Right. so Buyer beware, we've said all there is.

Red Dawn my god what a celeb fest! I had forgotten that Martin Sheen and half the rest of the cast were in that movie. A bit dated, but stil worth watching.

Old 08-24-2012, 05:30 PM   #266
Penguinetti
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan View Post
Buried??? It is your opinion, so I will respect that. But I have to provide the opposition, the movie was so bad I turned it off, didn't even fall asleep to it, I flat out turned it off about 40 mins in...waste of my dollar at redbox. I don't turn movies off very often, this one was too hard to watch.
But what made it bad in your opinion? Did the acting suck? Did the dialogue suck? Did you get frustrated that things weren't going well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnhulio View Post
You are one of few to be in agreement with me on this. My husband fell asleep halfway through watching this and wanted a 'synopsis.'

I provided him this:
'He's in a box. He's in a box. He's in a box. He remains in the box.'
SPOILER ALERT: 'You mean he dies in the box?'
'What do you think?'
'Huh. Like no one could see THAT coming. What a waste of a film.'
'Waste of film? Waste of Ryan Reynolds...' to which my husband laughed because he knows I think he's hot.

Were you looking for action? This movie does take place in a box, but it's not the scenery that matters. It's the psychological impact that this movie deals with. I think Ryan Reynolds did an amazing job showing the emotions and the traumatic stress his character went through.

I started to watch Pitmasters, the BBQ show. It's okay. Decent show if you like BBQ and need a timewaster. I tell you what though, the BBQ makes me hungry every time I see it.

Old 08-24-2012, 11:03 PM   #267
TheMan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 22 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 325 Times on 242 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguinetti

But what made it bad in your opinion? Did the acting suck? Did the dialogue suck? Did you get frustrated that things weren't going well?

Were you looking for action? This movie does take place in a box, but it's not the scenery that matters. It's the psychological impact that this movie deals with. I think Ryan Reynolds did an amazing job showing the emotions and the traumatic stress his character went through.

I started to watch Pitmasters, the BBQ show. It's okay. Decent show if you like BBQ and need a timewaster. I tell you what though, the BBQ makes me hungry every time I see it.
I think I just didn't care for it because it was the same scene the entire movie. I got bored of being in the box lol. every cut scene I thought, oh good, we will see something else....but no, it resumed in a different corner of the box. The acting was pretty good so I can't fault that. Just one of those movies I didn't care for.

Old 08-25-2012, 02:31 AM   #268
Penguinetti
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Fair enough. I was just curious about the why.

Old 08-25-2012, 02:04 PM   #269
cheezydemon3
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguinetti View Post
Fair enough. I was just curious about the why.
I fully agree that a movie can be epic withouit action or even change of scenery.

LO is far from minimalist, but takes place in one circle for 95% of the movie. Bizarre little low budget plays put on by demons scroll in front of the main character, followed by one EPIC.......crap. Don't want to spoil it. If you trust my movie advice at all, check it out. AWESOME ending.

Sons of Anarchy isn't breaking bad or BSG, but it was definitely worth watching. Wish they would add some fracking episodes.

Old 08-25-2012, 04:21 PM   #270
Jukas
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 85 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezydemon3 View Post

Sons of Anarchy isn't breaking bad or BSG, but it was definitely worth watching. Wish they would add some fracking episodes.
SoA is really good, bordering on great depending on the season.

Season 1 was really good, Season 2 was good and Season 3 was great, Season 4 honestly felt like it was building to a series ending event. I'm curious to see if they can keep it going in season 5 without it starting to get stale.

Quick Reply